Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appleciders
    replied
    People at CFC can be really flaky, too. You start an NES, then half of the players drop out to go pursue different NESes, and half of what's left do the same thing without telling you. Everything modern degenerates into Wikipedia-cited infighting about serial numbers on tanks and everything historical never lasts more than a turn or two. And over everything, the constant kvetching between those who've turned in their orders and those who haven't. NESing here is closer to roleplaying- we speak more or less in character, don't whine about what the mod tells us is historically accurate, and while we may disappear, we all know one another enough to understand why.

Leave a comment:

• LordShiva
    replied
    I'm opposed

Leave a comment:

• Lancer
    replied
    Are you guys actually discussing something or discussing whether something should be discussed? Because I want you all to know I'm in favor of it.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclotron
    replied
    Not rude at all - but I don't know what to tell you, I just don't like CFC much.

To be honest, NESing there looks a great deal more "formal," and I don't know anybody. I'm just not that interested in moving to a new place.

Micha, you sure are a lazy bunch. Everyone says they want an NES, then I post a thread considering relaunching HRE and it hardly gets any posts.

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Originally posted by 1889
    I remember NESing on this forum too. That was fun and that was years ago. Hello to all my old acquaintances here. Would it be rude to mention that there is another popular gaming site with an active, hyperactive actually, NES community? And if some rude person were to point that out would any of you go NES there? Because that would be cool.
    No, that wouldn´t be rude. You see, this is like the roman Empire: It was the greatest thing on earth, then it declined and now some barbarians try an imitation. While we wander these ruins, we like to imagine the times of old... But no Cicero would ever go to Gaul, no matter what´s become of Rome...

Also, we are a lazy bunch and most of us already are at CFC.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I remember NESing on this forum too. That was fun and that was years ago. Hello to all my old acquaintances here. Would it be rude to mention that there is another popular gaming site with an active, hyperactive actually, NES community? And if some rude person were to point that out would any of you go NES there? Because that would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• LordShiva
    replied
    How on earth do you manage, then?

Leave a comment:

• appleciders
    replied
    I don't need an excel sheet to keep track of my women!

Leave a comment:

• LordShiva
    replied
    But your Excel sheet doesn't keep track of them

Leave a comment:

• appleciders
    replied
    What about women? Personally, I'm in favor of them.

Leave a comment:

• LordShiva
    replied
    What about women?

Leave a comment:

• appleciders
    replied
    Exciting! Hey, I've got an Excel sheet that I used to help me keep track of men and weapons- I'll send it to you both as a starting place if you like, if you'll send me your e-mail addresses.
    Last edited by appleciders; February 25, 2008, 23:53.

Leave a comment:

• Cyclotron
    replied
    Not really. I mean, it is all basic math, with formulae, but I never automated it.

I'll look into my old files and see if I can put together a "behind the scenes" thing for you.

Leave a comment:

• foolish_icarus
    replied
    If it was all discrete algorithms in the first place, I'll automate it so all you have to determine is a few inputs and coefficients.

edit I can't remember, maybe you had already done that?

Leave a comment:

• Cyclotron
    replied
    If nobody else is interested in modding, I'm not averse to restarting HRE NES, but I would need to change the economic system somehow. The trade income in particular was too much work, and ciders always had to tell me where I'd messed it up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X