X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Empire

Political Map:

NOTICE! This NES has relocated to

Hello :) None of you know me, but I've done NESs on...another website. Unfortunately, the NES community on that website is all but dead, so I've decided to move it here. We haven't started yet, so please, feel free to jump right in :) ---- Political Map: Economic Map: (Blue = Wealth, Yellow...

Economic Map:

(Blue = Wealth, Yellow = Poverty)

Influence of the Empire:

(Purple = Strong, White = None)

Stability:

(Green = Little risk of major uprising, Red = Total anarchy)

The World Empire, presently headed by King George XXVI, has thus far lasted 500 years. Under its banner, Earth has experienced half a millenium of peace and development. Old cultures are faded, as are old ideas and old memories and vendettas.

However, recently the empire has begun to stagnate. A combination of a declining economy and a series of inept Kings had lead to increased sectionalism. New ideas within the Empire are not as readily tolerated, and the aristocracy of government prevents radical policy changes.
    Privately, within some academic circles, there is talk that the era of the World Empire may soon come to a close. While very few mainstream thinkers would subscribe to this theory (and fewer still would ever publicly admit it), it is apparent to all that, at the very least, the Kings of today were neither as wise nor as powerful as the Kings of yesterday.

You are a Royal Governor. The Empire, as a general policy, will allow its governors to rule their subjects as they see fit, so long as it does not come into immediate conflict with the wishes of the Imperial Family. As you have been always reminded, you are of course simply representing the King himself and serve at his majesty. You are not independent and must act carefully in matters of great concern.

It is your job, then, to navigate your people through these changing times.

===

This NES is pretty simple. No complex rules for you to follow or spreadsheets to track...This is more a "creative" NES than it is a rule-based NES.
    Pick a region of the world and write up some information about it: Its language, its culture, its government (remember, of course, that the Empire itself is a Hereditary Monarchy). Be reasonable when writing up all the stuff (for instance, you *could* say that half the world joins you. I advise against it)

Be sure to include whether you are declaring complete independence from the Empire or whether you remain a loyal subject of the King.

I will play all NPCs and I will play the World Empire. Just be fairly reasonable, be creative, and have fun

Scales from 0-5

===

STATES OF THE WORLD:

Name: The World Empire
    Leader: King George XXVI (NPC)
    Capital City: Ireland (most of the island is a city), Irish Governorate
    Approval Rating: 62%
    Government: Unitary State, Hereditary Monarchy
    Society: Tightly-Controlled
    Values: Order
    Population: 14,620,123,471
    Technological Level: High Post-Modern (2100ish tech), Low Innovation
    Economic Strength: Overpowering (5), Growth: .5%
    Military Strength: Overpowering (5)
    Internal Stability: Extremely Stable (5), trending toward instability

OTHER INTERNAL DIVISIONS (fill this out):

Name: HM Imperial Region of Pacifica Australis
    Independent: No
    Leader:Governor General Dekius Leo
    Government: Federal Parliamentary
    Economic System: Free market welfare state
    Society: Reasonably egalitarian and prosperous with strong work ethic
    Values: Freedom, order, security, prosperity, the usual lot, plus generosity, dignity, honour, friendliness, civility...
    Region: Australia, New Zealand, islands
    Other Information (History, etc): Shallow and Deep Sea settlements, ethically diverse, technology projects as of late vetoed by Royal Family
    Last edited by Nubclear; November 24, 2006, 01:33.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

a good map is key

for example, you will see above the territorial limits of authority of the

HM Imperial Region of Pacifica Australis

Independent: Of course not! We are loyal citizens of the Empire!

Leader: Governor General Dekius Leo

Government: Federal Parliamentary

Economic System: Free market welfare state

Society: Reasonably egalitarian and prosperous. Of course there are those malcontents who would be unable to stand up on their own feet if the King Himself offered them His hand, but that lot are kept relatively quiet, pacified, and isolated from decent society.
    A high degree of mechanization and automation is in use, especially in the ocean colonies, but men, women, and children still apply themselves vigorously in the mental, athletic, and social disciplines. We certainly won't be having computers doing our thinking for us!

Values: Freedom, order, security, prosperity, the usual lot, plus generosity, dignity, honour, friendliness, civility...

Region: HM Imperial Region of Pacifica Australis, Comprising the Lands of the Australian Continental System and the Waters, Deep and Shallow, of the Great Southern Pacific and all HM Citizen-Residents, Materials, Natural Features, and Aerospace therein, by the Grace of Our King George XXVI, His Court, and His Royal Parliament.

Other Information (History, etc):
    The Loyal Subjects of the Australian Continent and its major outlying landforms were tasked with shepherding the peoples and materials crossing the great expanse of the southern and mid Pacific.

The growth of Island Cities, Shallow Water Settlements (and Deep Seas Habitation Projects) and the ensuing prosperity and dynamism those generated have placed some stress on the government system to manage these rather irregular groups of peoples in their quite irregular environments.

We've now developed new paradigms for successfully governing such regions, and most of the kinks have been worked out and we now coexist quite nicely, even if the Oceaners look upon the Landed as somewhat staid and simple and the Landed regard the Oceaners as tending towards rather queer habits and puzzling affectations.

Overall we are a loyal and successful province, but of late we have had some of our efforts with regard to technological advancement, exploration, or social organization denied authorization by the Imperial Bureaucracy, which is getting a little frustrating...

Due to our Region's location and history of settlement, we have significant numbers of just about every ethnic group on Earth, with our most populous group having only slightly greater numbers than the next most populous which is only slightly larger than the next most numerous and so on.
    Almost all of them speak, write, and read the King's English, and many have second and third languages, either for academic or business purposes or as relics of their ancestry. Thus many individuals will practice "traditional" customs, but remain good, functioning citizens well adjusted to the ways of the Empire. There are occasionally some racial or cultural tensions but those are the exception, not the norm.
    Last edited by foolish_icarus; November 23, 2006, 16:38.
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

The map is updated I got a different one, since I didn't like the pixelated nature of yours.
      I will start the NES soon. If others don't join up...then they can watch how it works and join later

Comment

doesn't look pixelated to me. Are you seeing the pixelation in the browser window or in an image editing program? Does it look bad in the linked large version, or just the thumbnail?
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

In an image editing program. In your map, the width of the continents and the rivers is 1 pixel, whereas in mine its 2. When I start adding new nations in, mine will look better.

Comment

Does the Empire have a space program? Offworld colonies?

Comment

The Empire has not studied colonisation of other planetary bodies, per se, but it has successfully built self-sustaining biospheres on Earth, and it likely has the engineering knowledge to build self-contained sealed colonies on nearby bodies, except that it would be extremely expensive and the upkeep quite high.

As well, transportation of resources to these colonies would take a fairly long time, as thruster technology hasn't improved too much.
              The Space Program, especially with the stagnation of the economy and of technology, was largely sidelined as many across the Empire thought that the benefits of the program did not outweigh the cost - the money could be used elsewhere.

The Empire does regularly send out probes and satellites, and has a great deal of knowledge about the Sol system, including high-resolution imagery of all the planets.

Comment

Okay, nevermind. This game will be moving to Civfanatics.

Comment

We're getting a lot of good players and good nations going! Come join us, at CFC, in thread

Hello :) None of you know me, but I've done NESs on...another website. Unfortunately, the NES community on that website is all but dead, so I've decided to move it here. We haven't started yet, so please, feel free to jump right in :) ---- Political Map: Economic Map: (Blue = Wealth, Yellow...

Comment

CFC
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yes, well, on Apolyton I get 1 person.
                      On CFC, I get 10.
                      1 vs. 10....Pretty clear choice

Comment

That's only because the people at CFC don't know that you'll abandon the game within a week.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Silence and begone with ye.

Comment

It's not that I'm worried that Tassadar will abandon the game, it's that I think that of the 10 at CFC that sign up, 9 will lose interest and drop out.
                            "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
                            phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
                            three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

So that leaves one player at CFC with no other players and no GM. Poor fella.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X