No announcement yet.

HRE NES II: Der Aufstieg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys, just didn't have time to roll up generals, but I will when I get back around the 3rd (I'm going backpacking). See you then!
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Hello again!

Micha, do you want any old generals included in this year's call-up, or all new ones?

Magyar Chieftain of Olomouc to Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia
      Very well, that will be sufficient.
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Bavarian Orders (incomplete)

500 d. to continue to improve roads in Bavaria.

350 d. from iron to manufacture weapons and armor to be exactly determined later.

300 d. to continue to improve the border forts system on the Carinthian border.

115 d. stone to Markgraf Eberhard to help him improve Carinthia.
        "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
        phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
        three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclotron
          Micha, do you want any old generals included in this year's call-up, or all new ones?
          Sorry for the late response... I´d like to keep Vizegraf Leonhard von Zeitz if I haven't appointed him already. So I´d be plesed to have two new knights in shiny armour!
          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
          Let me eat your yummy brain!
          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Hey there folks,

As you may have noticed, HRE NES has been in a bit of a lull. I've just completed a move across the country (I'm in Atlanta now), with a post-graduate internship and a part-time job on top of that. It's going to be a lot of work - work that I'll enjoy, but a lot of it nonetheless.

I've really enjoyed playing with you guys for the last year and a half. I never ran HRE NES as smoothly as I liked (I'm a politics major, not a math major), but I'm thankful that you all bore with me on my first NES and I hope that you also had some fun.

You can probably see where this is going - I'm formally retiring this NES. I simply have a lot more to think about and work on than I did in college or the months after graduation, and while I may stick around as a player, I can no longer give the effort or time required to mod this NES.

But as some consolation, I give you -

The HRE NES Honorable Mentions

To our Saxon Stallion Micha, I hereby grant the Ann Coulter Award for Most Heathens Converted.
            "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

To appleciders, who went from "the Bad" to a pretty swell guy, I hereby grant the Ted Haggard Award for Fastest and Most Unlikely Conversion.
            "He is completely heterosexual. That is something he discovered."

To foolish icarus, our first king and latter day victor, I hereby grant the Jesus Christ Award for Best Comeback
            "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen."

To Nimitz, our resident Bohemian, I hereby grant the Arnold Schwarzennegger Award for Most Astute Political Marriage.
            "He often said his goals in life were to move to America, become an actor, and marry a Kennedy."

And of course, bipolarbear receives an Honorable Mention for Most Limerent Masseurs.

Thank you all for playing.

Comment

• Thank you for a very good game, sir.
              Perhaps someday...?
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• A good game indeed.

Comment

• It's not entirely unreasonable that I might continue it at some point - of course, I'd only do that if there was demand for it, and I am pretty sure that's something that won't be a serious consideration until next year.

Comment

• I'm in a very "back-to-school" mindset right now, and I'm stage managing a show to boot, so having this out from the back of my mind is good for now. I'm up to continue in the hypothetical future, though.

Comment

• Yup if you ever have the wish to continue in the future I'll be around. I mean I still have moravia to finish taking!
                      Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                      Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                      President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• :'(

This is sad... Now I´ll have to get back to real life, too. At least most of the conversion stuff is already done out there, so now it´s all about intrigues!!!

Thank you, Cyclotron, Thou hath done this much better than I had hoped for...
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Sorry you're sad. But we'll always have Dresden

And if foolish keeps going with his NES, maybe we'll have that too!

Comment

Working...
                          X