Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC:
    Ok let me get that straight for you.

The army of Prague consists of Ondrej z Trutnov taking command of 225 Knights, 450 Sergeants, 500 Medium Spearmen (light, shield, spear), 300 Light Spearmen (shield, spear), and 150 Medium Woodsmen (light, axe, bow) with the rest remaining under the command of Hrabì Dalibor z Erce as the army of brno.

Then there are the 300 troops that are currently unassigned. They should have been added to the army of prague before it was split. 200 having the crossbows the other 100 bows all with light armor. For now put them in the army of brno with the same weapons but all the armor on the crossbows.
    Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• Okay, I get that, though I have the 300 light spearmen in the Army of Prague as already having light armor as per previous orders, so I have:

Army of Prague - Ondrej z Trutnov (1,625 men)
      225 Knights
      450 Sergeants
      800 Medium Spearmen (light, shield, spear)
      150 Medium Woodsmen (light, axe, bow)

Army of Brno - Hrabe Dalibor z Erce (1,560 men)
      210 Sergeants
      500 Medium Spearmen (light, shield, spear)
      300 Skirmishers (axe, javelin, shield)
      200 Medium Woodsmen (light, axe, bow)
      50 Archer/Crossbowmen (axe, bow, crossbow)
      100 Medium Archers (bow)
      200 Medium Crossbowmen (light, crossbow)

Leitmeritz Garrison - Hrabe Jasny z Litomerice (800 men, in Verona)
      40 Knights
      60 Sergeants
      400 Medium Infantry (light, shield, spear, sword)
      200 Medium Skirmishers (light, axe, javelin, shield)
      100 Woodsmen (shield, axe, bow)

Is this right?
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Sounds right to me.
        Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
        President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• In your introduction Berengar is still stated as being the Emperor.

Also, I think I should have something like 45 d. in my treasury, yes?
          Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Bohemian Orders(incomplete)

With the new peace in the region the Duke has once again moved to focus on local affairs. His main goals in resent months has been to focus on the improvement of the duchy and moravia. As such he is starting a number of new projects that further that goal.

300d to improve and expand silver mines.

200d to further study stone roads.

150d to christianization of Moravia

100d to improvement of the defenses of Pilsen

50d donation to the monastery at Leitmeritz

30d to the study and discovery of resources in Moravia

800d to the Magyar Chieftain of Olomouc
            Last edited by Nimitz; July 28, 2007, 01:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by foolish_icarus
              In your introduction Berengar is still stated as being the Emperor.
              Will fix!

Also, I think I should have something like 45 d. in my treasury, yes?
              No, 0 is correct. The winter this year led to a 10% drop in income, so your income wasn't enough to compensate for your expenditures. As a result, your expenses on the campaign were trimmed slightly.
              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• By the way, Nimitz, in case you missed it, the Magyars of Olomouc have responded in the affirmative to your proposal for negotiation.

Magyar Chieftain of Olomouc to Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia
                I thank you for your generous tribute. I am always receptive to offers of silver, and I will listen to any offer you may propose for my lands.

Comment

• So the "treasury" is not just the coin actually in the treasury, but also the revenue expected to be raised in the coming year? And the however many denarii gain that is listed is the normal, not-event-adjusted amount that I will probably make this year, not the amount I made last year?
                  Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclotron
                    By the way, Nimitz, in case you missed it, the Magyars of Olomouc have responded in the affirmative to your proposal for negotiation.

I thank you for your generous tribute. I am always receptive to offers of silver, and I will listen to any offer you may propose for my lands.
                    No No I saw it. I plan to do some diplomacy this turn with him before I do any orders concerning it.

Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Magyar Chieftain of Olomouc
                    I'm sure you are well aware of my wishes to expand in to the principality of Moravia. As such the town of Olomouc is of interest to me and I wish to come to an agreement with you concerning it. To start with I am will to offer this:
                    • Countship of the town of Olomouc
                    • Fief of a large size when moravia is feudalized
                    • 10 of the finest horses we can gain possession of
                    • 500d for your trouble

I look forward to your response and working with to achieve a mutually amicable agreement.
                    Last edited by Nimitz; July 27, 2007, 14:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by foolish_icarus
                      So the "treasury" is not just the coin actually in the treasury, but also the revenue expected to be raised in the coming year? And the however many denarii gain that is listed is the normal, not-event-adjusted amount that I will probably make this year, not the amount I made last year?
                      Okay, I see what happened here. When I saw:

Franconia's treasury is making available 900 d. for operations on this campaign: 400 d. is intended to bolster supplies and gear, 500 d. is for sneaking, spying, bribing, that sort of thing.

I, for some reason, itemized 900, 400, and 500, when in fact the total spent was only 900. The total will now be adjusted accordingly. Your total should be 945 (treasury) +745 (gain) -300 (winter) -900 (expenditures) = 490d.

The treasury is actually, physically, the amount of denarii you have. The loss/gain is the projected, not-event-adjusted amount that is compounded at the end of every turn. It goes like this:

1. Modify loss/gain based on events.
                      2. Add modified loss/gain to treasury.
                      3. Subtract all expenditures for that turn.

So, you can spend up to your treasury plus your gain that turn (or even more, if you are expecting a good harvest year), but if the harvest is less than expected you'll end up with a shortfall. Shortfalls are handled in a priority manner:

1. That turn's general expenditures
                      2. That turn's diplomacy expenditures (tributes, bribes, so on)
                      3. Army Upkeep

Thus, upkeep is always the last to be cut, since it's potentially the most dangerous to have a shortfall in. It's not possible to go into the negative, so expenditures must be cut until the treasury balances at 0.

Comment

• If you missed it I edited my post with a message for the chieftan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimitz
                          If you missed it I edited my post with a message for the chieftan.
                          I got it, thanks

I don't think I would part with my beloved independence for any less than a thousand denarii. Surely the wealthy chiefs of Germany can do better than a mere five hundred!

Comment

• Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Magyar Chieftain of Olomouc
                            Truely I would be assuring you a great deal of you independence as well as formalizing yours position in Olomouc surely that must have some value; but in light of your great worth as a vassal I will raise the amount I will give you to 800d. I do enjoy our banter.

Comment

• Magyar Chieftain of Olomouc to Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia
                              Very well! I shall accept your suzerainty under these conditions, and one more - I will not be forced to convert to your foreign faith. Accept that, and I will bow before you.

Lord Siemowit of the Polans to Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia
                              Wonderful indeed that our houses are now allied through our children. I do not possess the coins highly valued by your people, but please accept this dowry of 100 able-bodied Pomeranian slaves, captured in war, as well as a fine longship given to me by the Varangian lord of Peremyshl.

Additionally, as Silesia - a land we now inhabit - was once yours, I declare that when the firstborn son of Wenceslaus and Chesna comes of age, a son of half Bohemian and half Polan blood, he shall inherit the lordship of Silesia as his own. I ask in return that you renounce your claims over Silesia until that day, to avoid any bickering between us.

Comment

• Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Magyar Chieftain of Olomouc
                                You have my word of honor that I shall not force you to convert. All I ask is that you do not hinder the priests in their work and duties.

Duke Vratislaus of Bohemia to Lord Siemowit of the Polans
                                I will gladly accept your gift the new serfs shall be very useful and while I do not yet know what I will do with the ship I am sure it will find a good use. As for Silesia I will cease to claim it as mine. It was a historical claim that I had no plans to act upon. I did not wish to harm the great friendship that had come to our two peoples. It gladens me though that you will be giving that land to our grandson.

Comment

Working...
                                X