No announcement yet.

The Age of Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A certain roguish fellow by the name of 1889 (who will, my sources say, be joining this next update) needs to check his CFC pm box and clean out his Poly pm box
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Shenandoah Confederation:

-Increase my army to contain two divisions. One division should be composed of 2/3 medium infantry armed with swords, spears, shields and light armor, while the other 1/3 should be armed with only the lightest of armor and bows and arrows. The new division should be composed of 2/3 heavy infantry with swords, spears, and heavy armor, with the remaining 1/3 equipped with bows and arrows. Make sure that all soldiers are equipped with the best possible arms and armor, especially after the advent of my new metalworking technology.

-My armies should patrol the Confederation and generally keep the peace. The new division should stick to the eastern end of the country, and they can also move slightly southward beyond my borders. The infantry division should stick to the mountainous West. These infantry should keep order where displaced peoples try to move over the border. Displaced peoples are welcome to settle in uninhabited, unclaimed places within the Confederation or immediately outside and become a part of the Confederation.

-Turn over the printing techonology gained from the typewriter to my universities, and let them use the technology to spread information. The things they'll learn from nessecity in using will far outstrip any research I could order, but get a few technically minded people started on learning how to improve printing technology.

-Come to that, get some smart, mechanically minded people started on continuing to improve metalworking technology too.

-Now that (I assume) I'm allied with Macry, work with them to coordinate information and defense plans for when the enemies out West continue far enough this way to pose a threat.

-Make contact with the Doverians and try to establish mutual borders and boundaries so that we can avoid any unessecary skirmishes.
      Last edited by appleciders; September 16, 2006, 23:34.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

You don't have horses. No one on the eastern seaboard currently does.
        Also, you have contact with Doveria and you two can communicate freely at will.
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Oh. Details. Are there horses to be had? Or have they disappeared from the East entirely?

Shenandoah to Doveria
          As our borders approach, I think some mutual division of land might be prudent, to prevent future squabbles. In keeping with the land already held by each of our nations, I think that all land south of the James river mouth should be regarded as ours, and all land north of the Potomac should be regarded as yours. As to the land in between, your lands will be no more than ten miles inland, while mine will be ten miles or more inland. Are these terms acceptable?

Comment

Harmonarch Shea of Doveria to Shenandoah

By Council decree, the borders thus outlined are acceptable to us. The Council wishes to remind you that all shipping into or through Harmonium waters is subject to tax as mandated by the Council. I look forward to a peaceful relationship between our peoples - but be warned that we will abide neither agression nor insult.

It has not escaped my notice that you have made inroads with the Chessalians further inland of our current position. Note that the Council has laid claim to all of Chessalia, to an indetermined point westwards. Pursuant to the Council Decree on Chessalian Alliances Y.O. 68, alliances of Chessalians with foreign powers are declared repugnant to Order and nonrecognizable by the Council. I ask that, to avoid conflict, you ensure that you are not in alliance or union with any Chessalian entity, and that you do not have any outstanding claim to any land within Chessalia.

May Order Reign Eternal.
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Shenandoah Congress to Harmonarch Shea of Doveria
              While we are pleased that you accept our terms, and will certainly render null and void any minor alliances with Chessalian tribes and communities and stop our recruitment processes therein, we must demand that our borders ten miles inland be respected. In other words, that your "indetermined point westwards" must be determined as ten miles inland of the Chessalian Bay proper.

Comment

Harmonarch Shea of Doveria to Shenandoah Congress
                Chessalia is defined as that land between the Susquehanna in the north and the Potomac in the south. By your suggested terms, all land north of the Potomac is ours, which thus includes all of Chessalia, to an indeterminate point westwards. As far as land south of the Potomac, we accept your ten mile boundary.

(EDIT: So, I couldn't find a very good map, but here in red are the two rivers in question: http://apolyton.net/upload/view/8613_chessalia2.JPG )
                Last edited by Cyclotron; September 17, 2006, 15:29.
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

OOC: I had taken Chessalia to mean the bay itself. Those terms are acceptable.

Comment

Harmonarch Shea of Doveria to Filodelia
                    I feel that an explicit arrangement with regards to borders is in order. All of Chessalia - for your purposes, all land south of the Susquehanna River - is claimed by the Council. Far Doveria east of the Delaware is likewise within our administrative sphere. The Council will consult with your relevant authorities as to the border between these territories, that we may pre-empt any unfortunate transgressions by either party.

May Order Reign Eternal.

Comment

I do things backwards (or inside out, at the least). The other preparation has in fact only barely been started, but here's the map, as of the as-yet-unfinished-unposted-upcoming-update, as sort of a teaser. I may very well regret this, but that is, after all, what fools do best.

Comment

Holy crap!

*starts singing "Doveria uber alles"

PS. That's certainly the most aesthetically pleasing NES map I have ever seen.
                        Last edited by Cyclotron; August 29, 2007, 23:33.

Comment

A fellow named Symphony D made the base map. In its uncropped glory it is beautiful, and enormous. And the rivers were a godsend for figuring out your nitpicky border negotiations

Comment

I have to say, the base black with colorful additions lends a sense of foreboding that's quite in keeping with the overall feeling. Lovely!

Comment

It seems that Shenandoah has yet to comply with our mutual agreement to cede the coastal strip south of the Potomac to us. We may have to correct this injustice!

Comment

That can be dealt with diplomatically, or at least with a paintbrush, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X