HRE NES - Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
    I have an interesting idea for rebellions. If a duke is kicked out by a noble, the player who controls the Duchy can choose to play as the rebel duke, trying to take back the throne, asking for help with another duchy, or trying to set up a new, weak duchy. The only reason you would do this is if you had either great favour with the Church, an ally that could help quickly, or a large group of loyal soldiers and civilians. If a player decided not to continue as the renegade Duke, or dies when he's trying to regain power, he loses, and is kicked out of the game until a new spot opens up/four turns.
    Cool! Four turns seems harsh, but other than that, I like the idea. It'll really add some meaning to the leaders we've got, and a whole new interesting level to the game. I mean, it sounds like Dune, but that's not a bad thing.
    "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
    phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
    three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

I think it will probably end up being played by ear; if and when a Ducal line is extinguished or overthrown, I'll size up the situation and give the player options based on that.

On another note, it seems that, previously unbeknownst to us, foolish_icarus and I go to the same college - so the rest of you need not worrying about me dropping out on you, as I'm sure he'll bother me about late updates in person.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

What is it about that college? I'm in the process of applying there, although I didn't know foolish was there until a month or so ago, and now I find out you're there too?

I am really looking forward to January, when we can start this NES, too.

Comment

Originally posted by appleciders
          What is it about that college? I'm in the process of applying there, although I didn't know foolish was there until a month or so ago, and now I find out you're there too?

I am really looking forward to January, when we can start this NES, too.
          Yeah, icarus told me about that. If you do end up coming, I'll be a senior by that time - you kids are so young.

As far as specific schedules, it goes like this: I'm leaving Austria in a week, I'll be in Texas until maybe midway through the first week of January. College starts around the 18th or so, I think; I don't remember. I intend on heading up there a week or so early to see some friends before I get to school, so I'll be away from teh Intarweb then too.

Thus, my choices are to either do one update in early January, then wait until the 20th or so for the next one, or just start everything when I get set up at school, around the 20th. It will probably depend on when people are ready to play. Any preferences?
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Old people

Comment

Shorties

Comment

I say let's have one update in early January, and then wait two weeks; an update-per-week schedule tends to be a pretty quick one, so it might be a good idea to get one in, then have more time so people can get back in the swing of things.

Plus I want to get started.

Comment

Sounds good to me. I'll be back next year.

[edited for not drunkenness]
                  Last edited by Cyclotron; December 18, 2005, 08:47.

Comment

This thread is being bumped for my benefit when I return to California in a few days.

Comment

I'll take that as a very good sign. Is everyone still interested?

Comment

but of course.
                        ciders, heard back from college(s) yet?
                        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Of course not! Can't you see that I haven't stopped twitching yet!

I was up there over break for an interview, and I'm doing early decision, so those both improve my chances. They're supposed to mail it by Jan. 23.

Comment

I was going to post the thread today, but realized it would be a poor idea as I'm dead tired from the plane ride back. I will endeavor to finish up the last of my research and post it by tomorrow. I'll probably be leaving for Washington around the 8th or so, and I'll be moving in on the 13th - after my move I should be ready to keep modding by the 15th or so.

Oh, and happy new year.

Comment

deus lo volt? Medieval Latin?
                              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Yeah, popular corruption of latin, "god wills it." The popular crusading refrain.

Comment

Working...
                                X