Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gather round my sleepy children

But speak not of what you will, here, return to this following day

Ayah, we’re a going to do a little something to coax ahselves out of the summer (sheep, hold your tongue) doldrums here. I will be modding the next NES. Possibly I will also be playing in it. If necessary, by myself. I have a new stat/rule system I will probably be using. I don’t much care what the NES is about, so you all have a little while to tell me what you want. The more unusual outlandish and creative the better. If not, I’ll come up with the setting etc. myself. If you all flake out, don’t worry about it, I am perfectly capable of entertaining myself, probably by gleefully crushing and torturing puny, corrupt, emasculated little NPCs named after those of you who don’t play.
    Ready…
    Begin!
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

You could begin from where the GDNESIII ended.

Comment

Something historical would be nice. Pre-gunpowder would be the best in my mind, but anything before 1900 would be nice.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

Exploration! Middle Ages? Religion wars!
        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
        Let me eat your yummy brain!
        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

One idea I've seen kicked around in other places is a royal family system; you can attempt to use members of your family to influence other places, and you need to keep an eye on heirs to make sure your family doesn't die off. It'd be a lot of extra work for the mod, though, to keep track of that.

Comment

Royal family sounds good indeed
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Fallout NES!

Post Apoc with pre-nuclear technology and tribelike government, horrible resources until you terraform, and gangs of raiders all over. It is your job to change Earth back into a lush green paradise, under your rule of course!

Wastelands would cover all or almost all of the map at first and would have horrible resources unless you terraform or look for minerals. Nuclear Age technology could be found in ruins or researched, future technologies could be discovered.
              Last edited by Gamecube64; June 13, 2005, 10:23.
              I changed my signature

Comment

That could be interesting... I prefer historical NESes in general, but a postapocalyptic scenario might be fun. The only thing I'd like to point out is that the tiny factions that would likely form as long-range communications break down would be too small for this NES to work on a world-wide scale; we should pick a small area to work with. Could work the royal family thing into this one too, if we so chose.

I'm still more in favor of something Middle Ages-y. Maybe a little later than the Fall of Rome scenario we had planned on earlier this year, where the Holy Roman Empire and the Turks can get in on the action. Or if we feel like making one single change in history, like the Advanced Hellenistic Era NES, we could just have Mohammed not have any revelation. No revelation, no Islam, no invaders from the east... Might provoke a very different future.
                Last edited by appleciders; June 13, 2005, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamecube64
                  Fallout NES!

Post Apoc with pre-nuclear technology and tribelike government, horrible resources until you terraform, and gangs of raiders all over. It is your job to change Earth back into a lush green paradise, under your rule of course!

Wastelands would cover all or almost all of the map at first and would have horrible resources unless you terraform or look for minerals. Nuclear Age technology could be found in ruins or researched, future technologies could be discovered.
                  That sounds a bit too depressing.

Comment

Vote:

1. GDNES3 continuation.

2. Age of exploration--with a twist.

3. Middle ages. NB I'm not up to doing the whole advanced family system thing. You could of course engage in political and dynastic intrigue etc. but it would be abstracted, not specific rule based.

4. Hard core post apocalyptic.

5. Write In. Better suggest it soon if you want others to vote for it though!

Top two get a runoff vote.
                    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I don't think msot otehrs will take to this, but something somewhat Star Wars based, but without heavy geek scrutiny.

Or something on an alien planet. Everything we have done has been earth based.

I jsut am not really looking ofrward to the typical idea of the future where everybody has nukes, and mechs. Nukes and mechs are kind of stupid to me.

The one kind of out there Idea that I've been playing with for a while is one where all of it tkaes place in a house, and you don't play a group of people or beings, but one person. You have to battle the negative internal parts of yourself while also dealing with those of other people, and the pressures of maintaining enough cash as a collective group in hte hosue to pay for rent, food, and whatever else you desire.

I personally think that the idea of doing something like another historical scenario would be a bit...cliche. We always end up doing that.

Fallout sounds interesting.

I'd just like to try doing something that is not of this world.

Maybe LOTR themed, or jsut a different planet with plants that have different properties, adn all sorts of new things to play around and experiment with.
                      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Giant planet-eating space worms that borrow through a planet like an inch worm borrows through an apple!

Primordial amoeba?

How about a small group of imortal wizards who are all alone on a planet and use their magic to control the elements, creating armies of golems and such to battle each other for a lack of anythign else to do with their time. I think that one is my favorite.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Omnipotent asshats
                          I changed my signature

Comment

Oooh that amoeba idea has me thinking (which can be dangerous). What if we take the concept of Will Wright's spore, and do it as an NES?

You start out as a singlecelled organism, adn eventually work your way up to somehting cooler (and bigger) like bugs, adn then from bugs to bigger mammals, and the to ape like animals, and even further then to humanoid types.

I'd jsut liek to use some form of magic, or the force, or psychic powers, or chi or something in this just to mix things up a little bit.

Imagine the power of pyrokinetic bugs!!!!
                            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

sigh.

How about a Flash Gordon-esque world*, where you can play either evil madmen attempting to take over the world with robots of nearly total doom or peaceful but tough democracies of virtue simply defending themselves from the evils of this universe. But you're not actually trying to destroy each other, because without conflict the show would get boring, ratings would fall and the show would get canceled. In other words whoever has the most stylish empire the most entertaining schemes/heroics and the most interesting plot "wins".

*Disclaimer: I know nothing about Flash Gordon or his contemporaries beyond pop culture cliches and references passed down.

Comment

Working...
                              X