No announcement yet.

Gnome NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the extension, orders amended.

Clay to Bush :

sounds good
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

No trouble. I didn't have time to finish the update last night anyway. Working on it now.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

Third Update:

The POWARS had a relatively successful turn. The 25 gnomes recently inducted into the military took up their spears in defense of the colony, ruthlessly defeating the praying mantis that has lately been attacking the colony. The Sappers successfully dumped boiling honey onto the mantis, where the honey proceeded to cool and drastically slow the mantis. The spear gnomes then charged into action, and drove the mantis off a limb, where it plummetted to the ground.

A massive militariaztion effort has greatly improved the POWARS military, giving the effect of an extra turn of service to all gnomes in the military. The Sappers' defensive structures have been greatly augmented by the large labor crew.

The POWARS loyalty-building team has had relative success, moderately improving loyalty. The lone gnome assigned to amuse the colony attempted a mime act; when he fell off the branch while "walking against the wind," witnesses described his death as "very amusing."

The POWARS lost 11 gnomes to falling and praying mantises, while 44 were born, for a gain of 33 gnomes. 4 additional bees were captured.

The Wall Gnomes, under their new ruler King Mikus, drastically changed their plans for the future. Rather than expanding southward, their attention has been focused eastward, to the mythic bush Carnh Aeloree. Their exploration party discovered that the bush is very real, although the berries are not available at this time of year. Still, many bugs were found, and a discarded apple core was discovered in the bush. After testing it, the entire core was cut up and carried back to the colony, providing a 1 turn boost in food. Some of the found bugs proved agressive, particularly a millipede that killed several gnomes before the Flail Gnomes could smash enough of its legs to permit a retreat.

The rope-network gnomes produced large quantities of rope, which is being stockpiled for later use. The ambassadors to the Clay Gnomes arrived, although two died en route when they met a wide-ranging Barbecue Gnome patrol, who attacked to gain the rope samples carried by the ambassadors. Only a fraction of the rope samples actually reached the Clay Gnomes.

An incredible 70 gnomes were born, while only 17 died, for a gain of 53 gnomes.

The Twin Lake Gnomes raised unrest amongst their followers due to the recent combination of their government and their religion. While this is probably temporary, and the gnomes may just need time to adjust, it might be in the great king Gamecube the 65th's interests to pacify them a little.

Unrest was mostly balanced by the gnomes' general satisfaction with Gamecube's successful bid to take over a great deal more land around the famed Twin Lakes, and the construction of new buildings like the new church and governmental headquarters, which are expected to raise productivity in the long term. The massively expanded territory has provided the fishergnomes with many new, very productive places to fish. The gnomes with the new spear-fishing method report that spears are much more effective than the previous pounce-and-wrestle method of catching tadpoles. They also believe that if some sort of craft were designed to carry them out onto the water, they might be much more productive, and even be able to approach the fertile islands for even more fishing, and the Holy Statue would be available for direct sacrafices.

Attempts to make string have produced no notable successes.

Only 14 gnomes were born this turn, while four died, for a gain of 10 gnomes. Six ants were captured.

As their stolen food source ran out, the Barbecue Gnomes were desperately searching for another source of food. After their defeat at the Battle of the Lawnmower, a direct military raid seemed foolhardy, yet very few other sources of food seemed available. Small raiding parties successfully wrested food from Clay Gnome caravans bringing food from the Trash Gnomes, but these caravans were guarded and did not provide the easy pickings that the Barbecue Gnomes wanted. A Wall Gnome group of ambassadors was attack, and some of their cargo of rope was seized.

Small fishing parties, using their throwing spears, successfully fished along the Twin Lake shoreline until the constant patrols of Twin Lake Gnome Legionaires made this too risky to continue. A new, reliable source of food was needed, and the Emperor of the Barbecue Gnomes made a grandiose plan to provide for future nutritional needs.

Long tunnels were dug to serve as mushroom farms, and seeded with the finest mushroom spores that could be found. While this farm has not yet produced anything, it is expected to become a major source of food.

Ten more gnomes have been trained in the art of throwing spears for the Barbecue Gnome military.

13 gnomes died on raids and due to wild animal attack, while 29 were born, for a gain of 16 gnomes.

The Clay Gnomes still suffer slightly from citizens' unhappiness at so much of their population being in the military, but after the recent attacks on the food caravans from the Trash Gnomes, the citizens understand how important the military is.

The Barbecue Gnomes' attacks on food convoys were fought off ferociously, and conseqently few gnomes were lost during these attacks, although their cargo was occasionally stolen during the fray. Also helping keep losses low was the way that the Barbecue Gnomes sought only to distract the Clay Gnomes long enough to snatch the food and run. Still, much food was brought to the colony.

The new armory and storage rooms are expected to increase productivity and greatly increase research in the coming years. The storage room has already been stocked with the artifacts recording the thoughts and ideas of gnomes. The cultural implications of these artifacts is staggering, and has helping to counterract the military's negative influence.

Only four gnomes died, while seven were born, making a gain of three gnomes. Six more ants arrived from the Bush Gnomes.

Unfortunately for the Bush Gnomes, nearly an entire forage party was lost as they tried to harvest seed spilled by a careless human. Birds competing for the same seed, and one attacked, crushing and biting every gnome it could reach. Protecting these forage parties might be a good idea, although many gnomes would be required to attack a bird.

Much more success was made in terms of ants; ants were successfully trained to carry gnomes on their backs. While this has no direct military value yet, as no gnome has yet learned to control the ants as well as would be nessecary in battle, it is expected to be valuable in scouting and long-distance trade routes. Ant cavalry in battle is still a viable option, it simply needs more gnomes assigned to it.

The scouting party reported on the terrain around the colony, describing in great detail the strategic areas that could be utilized in a defense.

A spectacular 98 gnomes were born, greatly increasing the colony's population. 24 gnomes died, for a gain of 74 gnomes. Eight ants were captured, while six were sent to the Clay Gnomes, for a gain of two.

The Trash Gnomes gained the pebble axe technology this turn, providing a new unit to support their Spear Gnomes. They promptly trained several new Axe Gnomes, which were used to help guard an exploration party that forged westward and another that went south.

The other major Trash Gnome project this turn was an effort to capture many ants. Spear Gnomes tirelessly drove ants out of the herd, where they were caught and trained. These ants will be used to help all building projects.

The Barbecue Gnome attacks on caravans were noted with great interest by the Trash Gnome High Council, and the city's forces were put on high alert, but no attack came.

The city's wonderful food resource has finally come to its limit; with the larger population and the exports, the Trash Gnome food source has been lowered to Adequate.

111 new gnomes were born, while 19 died, for a gain of an enormous 92 gnomes. 31 ants were captured.

In an unexpected move, the human inhabitants of the house hung large containers of seed from trees, bushes, and other high places to attract birds. While these birds are dangerous, the seed is a resource that cannot be ignored.
        Last edited by appleciders; April 13, 2005, 22:57.

Comment

To: All of civilized Gnomekind (IE not BBQ gnomes)

The Barbecue Gnomes are clearly a stain on the carpet that is Gnomekind. Their barbarism is an embarrassment to all good gnomes, who actually work for their resources and don't trespass on other gnome's territory. I propose a kill on sight alliance against these barbarians, lest they ruin all of the civilized nations. If they get worse then we may have to wipe out their culture entirely. They got lucky before when the large roaring metal beast guided by humans that eats grass came across the battlefield, but I'm sure such a thing wouldn't occur twice. Join the Twin Lakes in the fight against the BBQ Gnomes, against barbarism, for civilization! Remember, they are nothing but barbarians, pirates, and thieves.
          I changed my signature

Comment

To: Twin Lake Gnomes

We are a peacefull people, and we do not believe in war. But we are also a reasonable people. Offer incentive for war, and we will help.

Comment

To: Bush gnomes

At this point we are merely asking for a kill on sight deal when confronting the pirate/thief/barbarian scum, not for war.
              I changed my signature

Comment

To: Twin Lake Gnomes

Then no, we will not fight.

Comment

Wall Gnomes Embassador to Clay Gnomes:

Mighty earthen brothers!

We, the humble gnomes of the sky wall forward greetings to you!
                  We have heard about the magnificent subterranean buildings your people have constructed, and we are in dire need of this knowledge.
                  Of course we are able to purchase the technology, as our craftsmen are skillfull at making ropes. Unfortunately a BBQ raid has stolen most of the samples we have brought with us, but you can keep all we could rescue...

Now what do you say? Will you teach us how to form the ground below us in exchange for ropes?

Yours faithfully,
                  Embassador Caern, representing his majesty King Mikus of the Wall Gnomes
                  Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                  Let me eat your yummy brain!
                  "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

OOC: A suggestion for the map: leave the lines that demarcate terrain differences in so that filling in territorial colors doesn’t eliminate the terrain type distinctions.

Clay Gnomes to Twin Lake Gnomes :

A good idea. It’s pretty much what’s going on anyway, so we might as well formalize it.

Clay Gnomes to Wall Gnomes :

We can indeed show you effective ways of tunneling and stabilizing earthen environments. Perhaps we can make things simpler for both of us and you’ll show us the methods and materials you use to construct your rope and we’ll throw in some weapons technology in addition to tunneling?
                    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Originally posted by foolish_icarus
                      Clay Gnomes to Wall Gnomes :

We can indeed show you effective ways of tunneling and stabilizing earthen environments. Perhaps we can make things simpler for both of us and you’ll show us the methods and materials you use to construct your rope and we’ll throw in some weapons technology in addition to tunneling?
                      Agreed. May both our Gnomes prosper in peace!

Wall Gnomes to Twin Lake Gnomes

We will participate in the BBQ hunting. We have been raided by those barbarians, too; Together we will show them!
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Did I figure out how to make a rope? I had my gnomes test several materials, though the update said nothing about it.
                        I changed my signature

Comment

I forgot to put that in the update; progress, but nothing usable yet. Your bush simply isn't the same kind that the Wall Gnomes are using, so it'll be harder to make a usable product. You can keep pushing for it, or maybe just trade with Micha.

Comment

Trash Gnomes to Twin Lake Gnomes:
                            We accept your defensive agreements regarding the Barbecue Gnomes, but we will not assist you in another costly attack.

Comment

Which reminds me, how did the trash gnome training go?
                              I changed my signature

Comment

I did mention that the Trash Gnomes acquired the pebble axe, I didn't talk about the Clay Gnome trainers.
                                Last edited by appleciders; April 13, 2005, 23:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X