No announcement yet.

JNES- World War II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been wylaid by my goirlfriend. But the problem with ww2 neses is that the Mod always wants the 'good guys' to win
    Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
    Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
    Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

its a lose lose situation. If he lets the allies win he's accused of letting the 'good guys' win. If he lets the axis win, he's accused of letting them win for the sole reason of avoiding being accused of letting the 'good guys' win.....

Comment

no matter which side wins, as long as I have some reasonable remnant of a country to work with, I'll be satisfied. The aftermath is more interesting than the war itself, and the war should be seen as a conduit for creating interesting and unusual circumstances.
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I'm still in. As India.

Comment

Sheep, that's not exactly true, Skilord's WW2 NES I ended up taking over like half the world with mostly diplomacy ad the Germans, including, ironically enough, Israel.

Oh and these aren't games, they are stories!!! :angryrant:
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

ooc:
              For now the NES is open again and will try to update more, but if you dont post that much it may close again.
              Also since Sheep seems not to want to play I will handle that nation untill he wants to be in this NES.

Update: August 1944

North Africa:
              The Germans managed to reinforce their postions in North Africa. They also changed tatics, instead of going on the attack, the Germans fortified their lines with anti tank guns and entrenched tanks. They also set up kill zones with their artillery, which has resulted in massive causilties for the Allies, and neither side has advanced, but the Germans are not ready to break out of their postions and reclaim North Afirca.

Asia/Pacific Theater:
              The Japanes managed to get a aircraft carrier out of their shipyards. They also have been able to rebuild a great deal of their airforce. (Medium now.)

Over the skies of Philippines Islands the US now has now complete controll of the skies. Marines and other allied troops haven landed on the island have gain a good beachhead, allthough the Japanese are determined to hold the island or at very least make it a very bloody battle for the Americans who are posed to take the island.

In India Ghandi is insulted by the government wanting to make "Ghandiland." As a result he is moving ever foward with his protests and many people have come to follow his lead. His movement contunes to grow as the government does little to address the issues or stop the protesters.

Mean While India's Adanvance into Soviet Union goes well as they conitnue to advance, but they have made slow progess and have lost many troops in battle. The Russian troops are determined to stop the India troops at all costs and are regrouping in the mountains for a anther stand and hope to crush the India army there.

Europe:
              Still stalemated, as both sides are fighting on two fronts.
              Donate to the American Red Cross.
              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Prime Minister Wiston Churchill looked at his map of Africa. the Defenses of Germany were heavy and well thought, and there was no way to be able to capture Africa without taking heavy losses.
                It was obvious to him that a frontal attack would have meant a lot of blood from his men to be spilled, and he couldn't afford that, he would have never been able to replace that many heavy losses.
                But finally he had an idea, if he could not beat them, he decided it was better to leave them alone, he decided that if he was to isolate them and cut off their supply line, the German troops would have no other choice thanto surrender or attempt some suicide attack on British and American fortified positions, as such he prepared a plan with his generals.

-----------------

Orders:
                - Send massive sea force in the Med (lift the blockade around India if needed) in order to gain complete control of the sea, the Airforce is to be sent there as well to help the Royal Navy sink Italian and German ships, and to gain Air superiority.
                "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                The trick is the doing something else."
                — Leonardo da Vinci
                "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

To Britian and USA: Our offer of peace still remains.
                  To USSR: Peace?

The German V2 rocket campaign has begun against British Cities.
                  Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)

Comment

After a long phone discussion with Prime Minister Churchill, Roosevelt agreed with his new policy in dealing with North Africa. The order has gone through:

-While the majority of British ships blockade the North AFrican coast with the help of a few American ships...the American navy of the Med are ordered to go on a massive seek and destroy mission. They will be cruising the coasts of Italy, Southern France, North Africa, and Greece and everywhere in between hunting down and engaging all enemy vessels in sight...with main targets being subs, carriers however small, main battleships however small, and supply convoys (much emphasis on this one). Operation Sea Hunt is underway. Ally propoganda shall use this operation to their advantage.

-Patton's forces in North AFrica ordered to imitate the Germans. Dig in deep, entrench tanks and place anti-tank rockets at best spots, set up artillery fire zones, have constant air superiority in this region, main objective for American air force.

-Constant air campaigns are to ensue on North African German sea ports, supply trucks and depots, and roads.

-the whole operation is Operation Anaconda under the overall goal which is Operation Desert Sweep as stated before.

-American air force main objective in Europe is to damage V2 rocket emplacements in northern France and to remain bombing factories, industrail zones, and military bases.

-T34 Tanks remain in high production in the states, although most being produced (nearly 5,000) are being smuggled into the Soviet Union via the port of Vladivostok. The rest (nearly 3,000) so far are being trained and organized to be sent to Europe or North Africa. Waiting for 2 full divisions of the new American Grizzly I/(T-34) tank to be fully operational before sending them into combat.

-Jet design is still being perfected. THe British however have developed a prototype Jet interceptor...the Meteor-109. But still have many many flaws that need correcting, mass production date is too far off to estimate.

-Meanwhile in the Philippines, They are to be reinforced once a secure hold on the island is ensured. Constant Bombardment of enemy positions by way of both sea and air are to be constant and nonstopping until Marines get close.

-Also, Australian troops led by another US Marine division are to invade the southwestern part of Luzon island after a few weeks of fighting in the northeast Luzon, hopefully troops in the southwest sector will be removed to reinforce the Japanese forces fighting the Marines in the north. AFter the island of Luzon is secured, the goal for the rest of the Phillipines will take next priority.

-An army expeditionary force(all volunteer) is to be sent to China to aid them in their defense, by both teaching, equipping, and fighting with them.

-BTW, Soviet's are being constantly supplied with American aircraft, T-34 tanks, artillery, small arms and ammunition, rations, supply trucks etc. etc. as much as possible under the lend lease act.

Comment

Oh BTW I am quitting now

Comment

Canada legalizes marijuana, changes flag.
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

YEah!

Comment

Comment

USSR to Germany:

peace only if you withdraw from all of our land

Soviet battle orders: Begin offensive against Indians. Try to sneak through passes to get behind the Indian forces and attack from both sides, otherwise just advance cautiously with infantry, tanks, and liberal fighter and bomber use. If successful, move as quickly and effectively as possible without overextending into northern India. Even if stalled, attempt to press forward, but don’t attempt to advance directly against the Indian forces if that is obviously stupid and will incur major losses on our side. Flank if possible.

Allocation priority for newly produced/trained forces (including equipment coming from Americans):

Top priority: continue sending enough forces to German front to keep them from advancing
                              Second priority: send forces to attempt advance against Indians.
                              Third priority: Any forces not immediately needed for either of above are to be added to preparatory buildup.

Production: Continue working on hybrid designs and retooling factories to produce them. This is progressing mostly on progress and the prototypes should be finished within next month, main production to start within 2 months, in battle within 3 months, and from there the new designs (if they are found to be superior to existing ones) will begin to take over as primary units.
                              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

This is bull****. The allies are in Western Europe now. And they don;t seem to lose in Africa. USSR being asuslted from India and Germany isn;t falling when it coualsn;t barley stand up to Germany.

Gimme a break I quit. Next ww2 nes i participate in will be one that I make and mod impartially

Comment

Working...
                                X