No announcement yet.

SNESA: From the Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed Darkness is right when Australia alone could not but there are a few things.

1/There eas no real warning for almost a year and half before the attack
    2/Australia in the game is not purely Australia...... It has Indonesia, Malysia, New Guniea, New Zealand and the South PAcific, all for manpower, Britain had lost India and its Asian holdings so therefore was weaker militarily in the region than Australia was......
    Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
    Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
    Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

• Singapore Election Results

The Singaporeans have gone against all expectations and have voted for independence. PUOR will withdraw its troops in two years time granting independence to the tiny island republic.

It is the hope that with co-operation between all Marxist nations like PUOR, Singapore and USSR (for example) that we shall strive foward to the goal of defetaing imperialist oppression and ultimatley benefit all the proletariat of the world.
      Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheep
        Indeed Darkness is right when Australia alone could not but there are a few things.

1/There eas no real warning for almost a year and half before the attack
        The military was still in the vicinity, and still on alert. If I was remaining in the game, the only option would be to carry out nuclear strikes against key Australian and Japanese cities. But instead, I decided to quit the game. It's an interesting idea. Perhaps if we get people more interested in a story than winning, it might work.

Originally posted by Sheep
        2/Australia in the game is not purely Australia...... It has Indonesia, Malysia, New Guniea, New Zealand and the South PAcific, all for manpower, Britain had lost India and its Asian holdings so therefore was weaker militarily in the region than Australia was......
        Not considering the forces moved into the area beforehand. With WWII over, I'd had a large portion of Britain's forces move into the region (and said as such). An Australian victory just isn't feasible.

I'll make another analogy. It's like playing a current-day NES, and having Togo suddenly get up and invade the United States in two days.

Comment

• No European power was a nuclear power yet.... How could you move a large portion of your forces into the aea when, I completely surroung Singapore, and when you were involved in Cuba and Spain to some degree, evenif it was warmning. I am sure britain like always would be more worried bout itself and not Singapore or Hong Kong.

Comment

• Bah, I feel like I jinxed this or something, i'm out too.
            "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

• People, go to the frontier! www.tb3.org.uk/phpbb2

We have these games, well organised, check it out. Most of the players played a thread game called Big Huge War (if you set the age of threads to be seen to 'all' and go all the way back to the last page they're still there). And we've moved on to have our own fora and the games and structures are much more organised and work smoothly.

Comment

• Bah... this one is dead

everyone left it.

--------

El Awrence, is that also your nickname at those forums?
                Cause i think i'm gonna have a look at those boards

Saluti
                "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                The trick is the doing something else."
                — Leonardo da Vinci
                "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

• My nick over there is CMOT Hodad.

And there's a game, the Boundless World, similar to this.

Comment

• Those boards are good - I've already joined.

And Sheep: you blockaded Singapore, with a navy several times smaller, after I'd moved a huge part of the British navy down there beforehand. We also had no military presence in Cuba and Spain. Need I repeat the Togo vs USA analogy?

Comment

• Those boards are good - I've already joined.
                      I've joined, too.

====

Anyhoo, is this NES dead or are we still playing?

Comment

• Looks dead to me, and good riddance.

Comment

• yep I am sorry to say, I still think that Australia wouldn't have any trouble invading Singapore successfully. No supplies for that big army due to blockade. No British territory for almost half the world, as Japan would be around Hong Kong too...

Anyways for those who care I have just started a new shNESa entitiled a Brave New World. I still have the following nations left to play.

United Europe
                          Slavic Confederation
                          Kingdom of Zaire
                          West Africa
                          Empire of Japan
                          Empire of China
                          Empire of Russia
                          India (I am playing with this one and this will be the last to be filled. If there is sufficent demand I will vactae this spot for another player)

QUICK THESE WILL BE THE ON:LY SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR A WHILE. IF A DEDICATED NES PLAYER MISSES OUT I MAY MAKE AN EXCEPTION....

Comment

• OOC: Not to interrupt the game or anything, but I just wanted to leave a message saying how cool this all looks.

Reminds me of some games we had over at Alturas (and a new one is opening up again, link in my sig if you want to see).

I just wanted to know if there was any openings left?
                            ··Rick·Pierce··
                            AlturasForums.Com
                            Alturas v2.5 now open!

Comment

Working...
                            X