Clear All

*runs into thread by mistake and reads*

It is destiny!

*runs to Siro*

Beware the Ruff! Beware The Ruffhaus8!

*runs out of thread babbling incoherently*

Comment

Not me.... I'm a nice guy
      What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

I'm a nice guy???

*runs back into thread and stares long and hard at Ruff*

ROTFLMFAO!!!

*is scared of Ruff*

Comment

Yoav,
          I am not saying that they/we will make a point of coming after you in the next game, that is wrong, all I am saying if you piss a guy off enough with unneeded sarcasism when everything is equal in another game, way in the back of their mind they will remember this, after all we are only human.

Don't get me wrong, if you and Ruff are in another game and it is beneficial for Ruff to work with you, there is no doubt he will do it, this is only a game.
          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Hi guys, this is indded an interesting thread. Wonder if I should keep it as a reference into Dip psychology. Anyway,

Siro, that last letter of yours shows greatness. Really, it takes a good (wo)man to stand up and say "I was wrong". I bow to this.

Yoav, I never suggested that crossgaming should be ok. What I meant was, just like Defiant, that if one player upsets another player OUT OF GAME, it will be remembered. In the case of a player like Ruffhaus, that can be deadly. However, I was not so much refeffering to you but to Siro back then.

Randolph, as english is only my second language, I can understand what Siro meant. And I must also say that sometime what you americans write sounds pretty harsh to me. Like when you use the word b*llsh*t very often, I kind of wonder every time if this is as offensive in english as it would be in german. Perhaps there really are misunderstandings here between players from various countries more often the we think. Thing is, it´s hard to predict the *emotional* reactions of letters that you write in an foreign language.

Comment

Siro, ROFLMAO!
              You did not anticipate my attack; I coordinated it with you!

El Awrence:

And finally Ruff: Of course I did not stab you BECAUSE of your move to the North Sea. Obviously I was planning to do this SOMETIMES. I was only thinking of whether or not I should do this this year - or the next one. You moving the way you did only made brang it earlier.
              And.. I couln't use another unit on Munich. If I had, Orange would have retreated to Kiel.

And to all: I just said what I have because of some things I've seen happenin previous games, where guys decided war on ap layer before they even knew what country they are going to play. And that's unfair.

Anyway.. I hope I'll manage to keep 17 SC's... please don't take that away from me? Ruff, it's better for you if we have a draw, rather than Siro getting a whole point. Think of it...

Comment

Yoav, if you wanted a draw, then you should have voted for the one on the table. I have played this position with honor and commitment to the game in an effort to stop a solo. If I wanted to see a solo in the game I would have just let Siro roll over me and taken my participation credit for finishing the game.

I will no longer spend HOURS coordinating moves with you for a game that does nothing for me. With the chance to thwart a solo removed (by you), I will now look for other motivation from the game. The best part of it now is that my moves are already in. And Siro and I took less than 60 seconds to decide what they would be.

The end result is the same to me... just takes less time.
                What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoav
                  Siro, ROFLMAO!
                  You did not anticipate my attack; I coordinated it with you!
                  You decided to tell me all about it but:

a) I had a hunch you would try to kill italy this turn, and then go agaisnt russia. I also told this to italy before you even approached me.

b) when you approached me for the first time I told italy aobut it again.

c) I looked at the map and saw that you can get 6 builds (I thought 5 since i thought Ruffi won't give you england) and knowing you had 12 I was alarmed. When you said 13, I was much more alarmed, and then when you got all disappointed it was only 12 it again confirmed my theory that you intended to make me believe you're helping me and want a draw, while in reality you tried to get 18 in one turn.

d) I wasn't sure you'd support my move with Ukr to Mos, so I figured it may end up damaging me (you know my moves ahead) and changed it. The support wouldn't ahve mattered since I cancelled it (by attacking warsaw).

And to all: I just said what I have because of some things I've seen happenin previous games, where guys decided war on ap layer before they even knew what country they are going to play. And that's unfair.

That was when we played in RL, when we ganged up no Zack, right?

Anyway.. I hope I'll manage to keep 17 SC's... please don't take that away from me? Ruff, it's better for you if we have a draw, rather than Siro getting a whole point. Think of it...

No, I think it's better for Siro to get a point.

He deserves it.

Btw, I just sent my moves ( I was sooooo busy today) and I must say, while I acted upon ruff's plan, he seems to have spent a bit too much effort into "convincing" me what the moves would be.

So, I'm currently a bit suspicious he might have done a good job "convincing" me, and still has his own ideas, but time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                  X