No announcement yet.

ADCT 2001 Game A Fall 1902

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I mistaken or did you already miss the retreat and build phase, Hacksaw? If so, please don´t miss the moves also. If you can post here, you have web access, so at least you can send conditional moves, so that you don´t NMR. Merci!

Comment

Hacksaw,
      Ruffhaus can't allow your most recent changes, they are past the dealine and it is not fair to the other players, especially those directly involved with your country. This is a tournament game where the rules have to be followed, strictly.

We all have RL responsibilities and committments, that is why when you have a chance like you just did to post, you should have used that time to send in your preliminaries so there is no NMR. Good Luck!
      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Okay, here's the deal. Spring 1903 orders are due tomorrow, Friday June 29 at 23:59 EST. The current map is here:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I have one set of orders right now. Their receipt has been confirmed. If you don't have a confirmation from me, then I do NOT have orders for you.
        What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

I am missing 4 sets of orders with less than 4 hours to the deadline for Spring 1903. Not a very promising showing, people! Let's get moving.
          What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Well, I think that few NMRs just spice the game up.

Spoken with full confidence of one who knows he has already sent in the moves

"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFHAUS 8
              Okay, here's the deal. Spring 1903 orders are due tomorrow, Friday June 29 at 23:59 EST. The current map is here:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I have one set of orders right now. Their receipt has been confirmed. If you don't have a confirmation from me, then I do NOT have orders for you.
              wrong link.

The maps I found in your emails were wrong, so I was waiting for a correct one before sending move orders. I strongly regret that you did not change the DL, given that some players alrzeady complaied about the map (and, consequently, the rather-not-clear situation of units).

I just sent in my orders. Given that until now, I always sent in prelims' on the spot of receiving your previous season's "results email", you have to admit that something was "wrong in the kingdom of Dänemark".

In those conditions, having 4 players "NMR" is not that surprising. I was, as the other three I gusess, waiting for a "fixed" results' email and map, and then only would I have considered sending move orders for Spring (and before the DL).

If you kept the DL on Friday 23:59 despite those facts, then I strongly disagree. The lack of orders from me doesn't mean I'm NMR, it means I did not receive an accurate "end-of-season" situation permitting to write down move orders. That's all I had to say.

I hope you'll extend the DL until tomorrow Monday. BTW, the link above, to the "correct map", is broken AFAIY

VGR
              -----------------
              someone said one day to me " I did'nt realize you were playing above board with me until I betrayed you and was punished by the others". Don't make the same mistake !

Comment

Okay, enough of this bollocks! You bastards get your damn orders in on time and we won't have any of these problems. Since people here are so damn appreciative of how much fu(king time I've spent on this game this week, and all the leniancy I've shown, you can all buggger off. From now on there will be no grace period, and no exceptions for technical difficulties, nothing. I tried to be reasonable about this but everyone wants to bjtch and moan at me publically and privately. Well guess what wankers, I have other crap to do besides chasing you a$$wipes around for your orders all week. So screw you all. Get your orders in on time and there will be no more problems.

* The e-mail copies that I send out are a courtesy. The official results are posted here.
                * If you think there is a problem with the map it is YOUR responsibility to mention it immediately
                * I will only accept orders that I receive BEFORE the deadline. I've had enough of the "my sister deleted my e-mail" and "my dog ate my homework" crap

I will have Spring 1903 orders out later this evening. And the deadline will be strictly enforced. You have been warned.

Comment

C'mon you guys, we are trying to make this a suitable site for others to want to join and participate in, it should never to come to a GM responding to a thread in this form. He is only GM'ing the game not the babysitter, the moves are due when he says and if there not in, they are not in, no excuses. Most of you guys have played in the World Tournament and how often do you get leniency, they don't know the word.

This is your game, Ruffhaus only Manages it, make it fun for yourselfs and it starts by following the rules and that starts with common decency.
                  Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Ruffy,

I am sure they all appreciate the work you are doing for us. Sometimes, what people write might not necessarily sound the way they thought it, or meant it to sound. Especially when english is not your native language, it happens quit often that you miss the right tone without realizing it. Don´t be upset, I am sure nobody wanted to critize you. You are the most active and reliable GM around here, we all know it, so don´t worry, we are thankful. I think you should read those comments more as a "why-I-made-a-mistake" and not so much as a "hey-you-made-a-mistake"

And now go on and let them all NMR, cause my moves were on time

Comment

Ruffhaus, you don't need to be so defensive. There have been times in the last turn when you could've made a bad situation, which wasn't your fault, a little bit easier for all of us to deal with. The simple facts of the matter were:
                      -There was an accurate map for only two days before the moves were due; as you say with real lives, that makes things hella difficult for us.
                      -There was no time for delibberation between posting retreats and posting builds, which would've been helpful.

I told you these things inprivate, because they're things that shouldn't happen. Just because we mention things that aren't going too smoothly isn't a personal attack upon you, it's a statement about how the game could be made easier for all of us. You don't need to go berserk for that.

Please, strictly enforce the deadline (I expect no less), as long as it is a reasonable deadline in view of the hullabaloo that went on before

Comment

Working...
                      X