Gone for a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone for a week

I'm just taking a break from things online for a week. I'll be on ICQ, but I won't be able to talk much or send in Diplomacy orders.

Please find temporary replacements for my game(s) until I return.

When I return I'll also post the Shogun results, as it seems I can finally post here again.
    Please Visit:
    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Do you know if Coug's going to give Fjorxc (see, its F-j-o-r-x-c) moderator powers for BNG in your absence?
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Coug is missing.

And I may still participate in BNG this week.

I have no clue why you posted that here though.
      Please Visit:

Comment

Sometimes I post irrelevant things when I get bored.... But they still have to be partially on-topic... And I want to see BNG live...
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

We had 50 some threads in a few days. We're doing well.
          Please Visit:

Comment

Now, to get past the critical stage of 1 month. Generally, if a forum can survive 1 month with steady posting it will continue to grow and thrive....

BTW Polaris, once I'm done the Military Encyclopedia an the OoB, I'm going to write up some information on the biology of the races I control and a bit of "history". Could you kindly put that up on the race webpage when I'm done? Thanks.
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

Polaris,
              It is not the responsibility of the GM to find your replacement cause you need some kind of break. It is your responsibility, our responsibility is to keep the game going at any cost and I will keep Domaination going, however I don't know if you will like the outcome of your situation.
              Find replacements before you leave, at least give it an attempt.
              Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Or you can learn one of the more important things about Diplomacy: it is a game.

There is absolutely no reason to get upset over it.

I'll find a replacement.
                Please Visit:

Comment

Yes, it is a game, I'm upset over your blantant disregard for other people. A lot of these players spend time and energy playing and a players irresponsible actions cause them grief and frustration, not to mention the GM. When you signed for the game you made a committment, all I'm asking is you live up to your end.
                  If you don't want to be in this game, tell me now and I will look for a permanent replacement.
                  Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

I reckon it says gone for a week. So that means a week.
                    Please Visit:

Comment

Polaris,
                      Domination moves are due this Friday the 9th at 11:59PM CST, either put them in or have somebody do it, if I don't receive them by then I will find somebody or make up the moves or myself. If I find someone or do it myself there is always that chance that we could screw up some of your plans if we are not aware of them. As much as you posted already here, I don't see much problem in handing in your moves.

Comment

Defiant's got you there. Anyway, testing to see if I can post..
                        The honorary duty of a human being
                        is to love, I am human and nothing
                        human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

-
                          [This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited February 08, 2001).]
                          Please Visit:

Comment

Instead of wasting your time posting complaints about how people are treating you, I suggest you use your time more wisely and make up a quick set of moves.

You have consistently shown a disrespectful attitude to the Apolyton Diplomacy community over the last few months. What you seem to be unable to realize is that Diplomacy, this "cult" that you joined, requires cooperation and committment from all people--players, GMs, and mapmakers alike. You have shown neither.

We play this game because it provides us entertainment. It is not a fantasy world or a means for us to release our megalomaniacial desires. There are real people out there with real lives which include the Internet. Yes, it is a game, but it's not the type which you can walk in and out at your own whim. If you join a game, you are expected to stay for the long-term.

Vacations are allowed, of course - we all get away from the computer every now and then. However, when that happens, it's our responsibility to turn in orders anyway, even orders that are two turns in advance, as well as find a replacement player for extended absences. It is not, and never has been, the GM's responsibility. It's your nation, after all.

I think I can speak for everybody here when I say that I am fed up with your blatant disregard for this community as well as your negative attitude. It seems like you have no fun in this game. Already, many GM's here (including me) would be hard-pressed to accept you into a game, and many players would be wary before joining one of the games that you GM. You need to decide whether you are in or out--Apolyton doesn't appreciate players who are in perpetual limbo.
                            The honorary duty of a human being
                            is to love, I am human and nothing
                            human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Polaris,
                              I couldn't say it any better than Lordstone and he is correct in all his assumptions. It is a GAME but one that requires committment above all, if you want to get away fromt the computer, fine, but find a replacement or sent in the moves early, vast majority of other people do.

I'm taking your last statement as you are out. Fine, I will find a permanent replacement for you. As a point of record I don't want you signing for any more of my games that I GM, for you will not be accepted and I won't join any of your games. Until you show more responsibility I suggest you stick to your stories part.

Hope you enjoy your time away from the computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X