ADCT: The Tournament of Champions F1901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADCT: The Tournament of Champions F1901

Well, the first year of ADCT: THE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS has gone by with quite a bang. We've seen openings unlike any others, as well as extremely high levels of hostility as each player realizes they're facing six other champions. This is not the ordinary F1901 map. England has a rare lease on Denmark, while Russia gets a seldom-seen triple build. Indeed, only two countries appear to be proceeding normally - France and Italy. All others have taken a markedly different direction in their quest for world conquest. But enough talk. Here are the results.

Map: http://www.geocities.com/lordstone1/adct/f1901.gif

Austria (Gibster) (1 build)
    F Alb-Gre
    A Ser S F Alb-Gre
    A Tri-Vie

England (Ruffhaus) (2 builds)
    F Nwg-Nwy
    F Nth C A Edi-Den
    A Edi-Den

France (Chazzy) (2 builds)
    F MAO-Por
    A Mar-Spa
    A Bur-Mun (bounce)

Germany (Bezerker) (2 builds)
    A Kie-Mun (bounce)
    A Ruh-Bel
    F Hol S A Ruh-Bel

Italy (Iain Lindley) (1 build)
    A Nap-Tun
    F Ion C A Nap-Tun
    A Ven H

Russia (Defiant) (3 builds)
    A Gal-Bud
    A Ukr-Gal
    F GoB-Swe
    F Rum H

Turkey (Talon) (1 build)
    A Bul-Gre (fail)
    F Con-Aeg
    A Smy-Con

Winter 1901 Builds due Thursday, January 18th, 2001
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Lol... how did I know that whatever home SC I chose to protect Defiant'd go for the other?

Comment

Well, this is probably out of place for me to say, being the GM and all, but I was rather surprised when you chose to defend Vienna. You've had much (maybe too much) experience as Austria, and anyone can see that Budapest is much easier to defend by Russia than Vienna is (due to the Galicia/Rumania border). In any case, you have one build and you can seize that to take back Budapest. We can't have our ADCT:B Solo Champion going away within 2 game years, can we?
      The honorary duty of a human being
      is to love, I am human and nothing
      human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

I bloody well hope not!

It's psychology... Budapest would be the "obvious" choice for him to go for, and for me to defend, so I thought he'd go for Vienna to try and hurt me... unforunately, he seems to have outwitted me in that respect

Comment

Gibsie,
          I might have outwitted myself, it came down to a coin toss,
          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Damn, I'm sure that's how Snowfire decided to attack the right SC in a similar situation in Dip 9...

Comment

Working...
            X