No announcement yet.

The Age of Imperialism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC: See Scott! I predicted a coalition!

IC:

Napoleon ups war status

Due to recent threats and the Spainish movement Napoleon has announced that France shall go into threat-status. Drafting will take place to fill the reserves as they are being called up for active duty. He has sent this message:
    We do not wish for war, we merely wish to make defenses that will allow us to decrease our numbers. The reason we build defenses is for just that, defense.
    Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
    The more you know, the more you realize you dont know - Shep

Comment

• OOC: Battlecruisers weren't invented until 1905.
      =============

To Japan: We agree to the trade deal. On your Chinese proposal we are not interested, Russia has much land and does not desire more in the east.

To Turkey: Your fleet plans are much to extravegant, we don't see how a crumbling empire like yourself can afford such a fleet. Concentrate on your army it is your best defence and allow Russia to defend you from at Sea.
      ----------

Russia also disagrees with the American arms limitation proposals, we see this is as a ploy to handicap other nations while you catch up and we will not fall for it.
      [This message has been edited by Bolo (edited April 25, 2000).]
      If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

• To Our Dear Russian Friends
        From His Majesty Emperor Sukoto

We wholeheartedly thank you for accepting our trade pact! May we establish that the cities of Vladivostok and Sovetskaya Gavan are to be the main ports of trade? Not only will this enable the far east of your nation to grow but also it will allow us to send troops and equipment should your nation ever come under attack!! Would you be interested in signing an alliance agreement with our nation? We hope our nations prosper with the new cooperation!
        We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

• To Japan:
          We would be very interested in an Alliance however we would require something extra to make it so, perhaps a naval base in the Kuriles? If you agree then we will have our alliance.
          -------------------

The Russian Naval base at Anatalya was proceeding along nicely as more supplies were shipped to the Turkish town. The base the cornerstone of Russian strategic interests in the Med would be the homeport of the new Russian Mediterranean Sea fleet. As well it would be a valuable jumping point for further in roads in the Middle Sea.

Mobilization!

Russian War Minister Alexander Zadan has announced that Russia will mobilize to increase her Armed Forces to its full 1.5 million man size over the next few weeks. Industrialization plans that the Bolo government has been following have paid off handsomely in that each soldier will get a rifle and be supplied. This is truly a coup in that before the Czar's army barely had a rifle to five men. This comnined with the fact that all divisions of the Union army will now be adequetly supplied is a great positive for the policies of the President.
          If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

• *Secret*
            Sweden: What would the terms of such an alliance be?*/Secret*

To: Spain

We do not see the need for the mass troops you have put on the border. We have only sent our First Army which numbers only some 125,000 men, hardly enough to do any damage.

------------------

Comment

• To France:
              You move 125,000 troops to our border, and expect us not to take this as a threatening event. We moved our army to our border to counter yours. You made the first mopve, we matched, and then you escalated once again. If anyone is to be found as the instigator of any conflict, it will be France.
              But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
              If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
              He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
              But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

• To Spain:
                We stand ready to assist you. The German Empire has issued a statement of full support of your noble actions to stop the belligerent and warmongering French.

To the United States:
                We see great promise in your efforts at arms limitation talks. Our Navy Secretary has emphasized, however, that Germany will need more than ten armored cruisers to defend its colonies. We also note, much in the same way, that Britain will need more than fifteen armored cruisers to adequately defend its colonial empire.

To Italy:
                Where do you stand on the unfortunate matter of French aggression and militarism?

To France:
                You have been warned. Cease your military buildup and your threatening of Spain or we will take action. We will not allow another Napoleon to conquer most of the European continent.

OOC: The United States lies to the EAST of Japan, gscott. So the Americans would be eastern devils. Both destroyers and battlecruisers do not exist yet.

Comment

• OOC: Scott: Believe it or not Americans along with everyone else were Western Devils.

IC:

Explanations send Reserves home

After resolving that there was a misunderstanding between France and Spain and also possibly Germany, Napoleon has sent all the reserves home. He said to them:
                  Friends, you have served your nation well for the time you were needed, however, we are not threatened any longer. Spain misunderstood our movements as that of a cobra ready to strike, that was wrong. We were merely sending the Armies to our borders so we may build defense incase of a war. We have no interests to spread our borders by bloodshed, and I make that clear now. The defenses are being readied so we may have less men in our Armies. So now I return to the tables to solve this problem, thank God it went no further.

------------------

Comment

• Due to the fact that Napoleon has seen the light and backed down, all reserves are being demobilized in conjunction with France's demobilization. The 50,000 man Africa force is being split, with 25,000 returning home to join the rest of the regulars. The remaining 25,000 will stay. The Expeditionary Fleet is setting out for Cuba, along with 100,000 regulars, leaving 64,000 troops in SPain. The purpose of the Expeditionary Fleet is not yet announced.
                    But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
                    If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
                    He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
                    But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

• OOC: OK, I want to run soemthing by the mod if it's OK. I don't want to take Britain anymore, I'm tired of taking a nation and trying to rule the world. However, I don't want to screw everyone else over, so I will keep Britain until a replacement can be found. However, I will stay in this thread. What I want to do is lead a mercenary group with a small fleet around the world, making money, and fun basically.

So, to summarize: Britain is now open, but until a replacement can be found, I will stay as Her Majesty.

I will not leave this thread, I will be in it as head of a 10,000-men mercenary group with a naval capacity to transport them.

Is this OK with the mod and the players? (mostly the mod though )
                      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

• To THE REST OF THE WORLD:
                        Argentina has been unfoundedly accused of terrorism! The Swedish claims are unfounded and false! The Argentinian government only seeks peace for the world and for it's own growth! Any actions that were made by any Argentinian individual were the actions of an individual. Those actions do not by any means represent the actions of the nation. So there are no reasons to invade our peaceful province. And, to the US, hold the Monroe Doctrine true for the sake of the peace and growth of all the Americas.

To SWEDEN:
                        Please hold down your invasion, for your claims of terrorism are false. Your invasion should not succeed...

To ALL NATIONS:
                        Any nations assisting Sweden in her invasion of Argentina should be considered as machiavellic and bearer's of destruction. Their claims are untrue and false and are meant for the sole intention of undermining Argentine international diplomacy.

To BRITAIN:
                        I, Presidents Sarmiento, speak on behalf of the nation of Argentina:
                        Sweden's accusations are unfounded. There are no records in our ports of any emigrants to Europe for those accounts. Therefore, their accusations are false and their investigation failed. And if their claims of an investigation are true, then they should have a culprit, which they would've immediately announced...
                        There was no culprit, there was no terrorism.
                        My most humble thanks to the King Mao for listening to our pleas and for giving us a chance to explain the matter.
                        Domingo Faustino Sarmiento
                        President of Argentina

Comment

• double post
                          [This message has been edited by Hodad (edited April 26, 2000).]

Comment

• To Russia:
                            Yes we know it will be long and hard, and the fleet may well be outdated long before it is built. But we decline your generous offer of protecting us, as we still have our pride.

To Germany: Your nation is a shining beacon of strength in europe. We in the Ottoman would like to procure an alliance with such a strong country.

To the nations of the world:
                            The Ottoman Empire is crumbling. We would like to request economic advisors of any kind to be sent to the Ottoman Empire, to save our country. You will be repaid any way we can, thank you.

Comment

• Orania has begun work on it's first railroad, to run from the young port of New Hague to the capital city of Pretoria. The track will be standard gauge and will hopefully do much to speed the development of the country. President Linder has announced that the cities of Johannesburg and Pietersburg will eventually be connected to the railraod.
                              The establishment of a Hebrew government and the implementation of its plans - this is the sole way of rescuing our people, salvaging our existence and our honor. We will follow this path, for there is no other. We will fight! Every Jew in our homeland will fight!

Comment

• OOC - Hodad learn how to freakin' edit you damn double posts!

IC

More Swedish troops have arrived in Stockholm to begin training for an invasion of Argentina. Munitions factories are pumping out artillery pieces, shells, bullets, and guns. The ships from Germany have arrived and we are making final preperations for the invasion.

- - - - - - - -

To Argentina,

We have thourghly investigated this matter. It was not a matter of an individual. Several shipments of tainted beef bound for European courts were found. And you are the world's #1 exporter of beef. So we can only suspect it was you!

*secret* To France,

Name them! *secret*

Comment

Working...
                                X