Nostalgia Dip Spring 2010 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Dip Spring 2010 Results

Looks like a new iron curtain is establishing itself nicely, we might have an almost exactly historical Warsaw Pact/NATO lines once this thing's done...

OK, I need Turkish retreats ASAP. Once those are in I'll set a Fall deadline.

Italy (Imran)
    A Mun S FA Swi-Aus
    A Ven S FA Pie-Mil (support cut unit dislodged, can retreat to Apu or disband)

France (SnowFire)
    F SAO S Spanish F SoG
    A Pie-Mil
    A Tus S A Pie-Mil
    A Swi-Aus
    A Mar H
    A Als-Swi

Spain (Shi Huangdi)
    A NAV -> AUV
    A MAD -> SVE
    F SOG S F WME -> ALG
    F WME -> ALG (move fails)
    A BAR HOLD

UK (Iain Lindley)
    F Arc H
    F NWG H
    A Nwy-Swe
    F SKA S A Nwy-Swe
    F Den S A Nwy-Swe
    F BHM-BAL (move fails, unit dislodged and destroyed)
    A Ham-Fra (move fails)
    A Ruh S A Ham-Fra
    F Hol-Ham (move fails)

Egypt (GePap)
    F Mor H
    A Wsa support F Mor H
    F Alg H
    A Tun support F Alg H
    F Gol->Tys
    A Rom H
    F Eme->Ada
    F Mal->Ion (move fails)
    F Nap support F Mal->Ion
    F Lbs support F Mal->Ion

Turkey (Marcelo Morandini)
    A (Slo) S A Aus (support cut)
    A (Aus) S A Mil (support cut unit dislodged, can retreat to Cro or OTB)
    A (Mil) S A Cro - Ven (support cut unit dislodged and destroyed)
    A (Cro) - Ven
    F (Adr) S A Cro - Ven
    F (Alb) S F Ion
    F (Ion) S F (Aeg) (support cut)
    F (Aeg) S F Ion
    A (Izm) S A Ank
    A (Ank) S A Izm
    A (Rum) S A Hun (unit dislodged, can retreat to Mol, Ser or Bul)
    A (Hun) S A Slo
    F WBS unordered, F WBS holds

Russia (chegitz)
    F BRN - NWG (move fails)
    F WHI S F BRN (invalid support)
    F MUR - LAP
    A FIN S F MUR - LAP
    A SWE - NOR (move fails, unit dislodged and destroyed)
    F BAL - BHM
    F GOB - BAL
    A MOS - BIE
    A GOR - VOL
    A SAX S A FRA H
    A CZE S A KRA - SLO
    A KRA - SLO (move fails)
    A POD - RUM
    A ODE S A POD - RUM
    A SEV S A ODE
    F EBS S F ROS - GEO
    F ROS - GEO

Germany (orange)
    A FRA H
    F BER S F BAL - BHM
    Attached Files
    Stop Quoting Ben

You forgot to put the German forces on the map.

Don is also the wrong color. It should be Turkish gray, as should RUM's SC.

KRA's SC should be red, as should SWE's.

MIL's SC should be purple.

I think that's all my nitpicks.
    Last edited by chequita guevara; March 7, 2004, 09:22.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hey! Also, I ordered my army in Tuscany to support Italian A Venice in my latest revision. Those are my old orders. The Italian army stands.
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Those are the last set of orders I recieved for France, sorry.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Silly question, but since when can armies support the support of themselves? ie, A Ank support A Izm, and army Izm supports army Ank?
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I asked that in the last turn.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

NO, you asked if a unit can support a unit supporting a third unit, aka:

A Uggh->Snap
              A Blah supports A Uggh-> Snap
              A Drat supports A Blah supports A Uggh->Snap

NOw, maybe I understand why that works, but

A Drat supports A Blah
              A Blah supports A Drat

????

What exactly is going on? If I attack A drat, and A Blah seperately, what the hell is the outcome? I cut btoh supports, yet btoh seemed to be holding....

So again, ????

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                NO, you asked if a unit can support a unit supporting a third unit, aka:
                No, I asked if two units could support each other. I assume that an attack on one cuts the support of the other, so that three units attacking two countries like this would result in the defender losing a country.

edit: No, you're right, I did ask that. Yeesh, that's not what I meant! I gotta pay closer attention.

Comment

A Uggh->Snap
                  A Blah supports A Uggh-> Snap
                  A Drat supports A Blah supports A Uggh->Snap
                  Nope, Drat can only support A Uggh->Snap if it is adjacent to Snap.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Retreats were held up by an email problem, they're in now.

Italy retreats to Apu, Turkey to Cro and Bul

Fall orders due Sunday 10:30 EST
                    Attached Files
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I have a fleet in Morroco, not an army

Comment

You didn't fix many of the mistakes on the map that I mentioned.

Comment

If A Par S A Lyo and A Lyo S A Par, it's perfectly legal

it just means that the two units are supporting each others hold. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Oh, also, just thought I should mention that the leaders of France, Spain, and the Federal Republic Formerly Known As Germany (FRFKAG) will be meeting in Camp Newark, Delaware, to discuss a new world order. It's about time for our pathetic armies to rise up and overthrow our near invincible enemies. We'll post pictures of the event if possible

(In other words, Shi Snowfire and I are having a polymeet tomorrow 3/12. Technically this breaks Postal Diplomacy rules, but I don't think anyone will mind )
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Well, Egypt hopes FRFKAG will remeber its friends in the east when speaking to them two.....

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                              If A Par S A Lyo and A Lyo S A Par, it's perfectly legal

it just means that the two units are supporting each others hold. Is that so hard to comprehend?
                              How can you hold AND support?

Comment

Working...
                              X