Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
    Yeah, that could work...
    Sorry, I have to report that your story didn't work. I rolled a 19 on detect motive.

In other news, my new dice work well.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• #$%&*@# #$*^$!

Bah. I suck. Sorry guys, but an annoying instance which shall go unreported so that I don't rant wiped the turn I was working on. And I'm in too evil a mood to rewrite it tonight (mutant fleas attack and infest the city. Everyone dies except your group, which survives with hideous disfigurement and become part of a merfolk zoo after the aquatic invasion.).

And Makeo, yeah, Uvaer shan't be getting an update for a bit, I'm afraid. He might get one before this is all over, though, depending on how this works out....
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• That's why always use a text editor to write these long messages.

BTW, I highly recommend Eudora. You can save letters in progress so that you retain your work even when the computer crashes on you.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

• I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Hmm, does it auto-save? It was one of those power-off/power-on deals, so most other styles won't work. See, I use a text editor as well, but my text editor of choice is Notepad, which while amazingly efficient, has no autosave.

Anyways, turn sent.
              All syllogisms have three parts.
              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• I think it does auto-save as well.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowFire
                  It was one of those power-off/power-on deals, so most other styles won't work. See, I use a text editor as well, but my text editor of choice is Notepad, which while amazingly efficient, has no autosave.
                  We old timers learned the hard way to save every so often. Like every paragraph or so.

Comment

• I was going to post before that I always saved after each paragraph. But I learnt to do that the hard way, many a times.
                    My old computer would make North Korea look stable in comparison.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Yes, we are all slightly paranoid that way

Anyway, back to the game. I think we probably can start by coordinating what feats/skills each of the character get when we gain levels.

Skanky, is Dorlin going to be the group's diplomat, so to speak? Does it get in the way of him acquiring more combat-oriented skills and feats? Afterall, he seems to be the groups only full time melee fighter. Uvaer is a fighter of sorts too, but I reckon he'd be better in developing the areas of tracking, wilderness survival, and ranged combat.

Comment

• Dorlin is a fighter first and foremost. While there are no combat-related skills preventing him from being a diplomat, he hasn't focused on being one.

I wouldn't mind an additional melee fighter in the group though, with 3 others already ranged fighters.

EDIT: I can't count.
                        Last edited by Skanky Burns; September 21, 2003, 07:11.

Comment

• 3? I see Korendil is sort of a fighter, he looks like fighter/wizard. Menchi seems to be a straight rogue, and Uvaer a ranger. Zerak is not a fighter. No, he stays in the back

Comment

• A minor note on Korendil; due to a specific arrangement with the GM, Kory's fighter skills are not the norm. He is specifically a ranged fighter. Melee weapons are worse than useless in his hands. Plus, his Con isn't so hot, so he's not got terribly many hit points. Dorlin is our official Wall, with hopefully Uvaer moving to back him up as we increase in levels.

As a minor side note, discussing who takes what feats so as to optimize party performance in combat is definitely pushing the edges of what I personally consider "metagaming." I'd be happier if we simply add skills and feats that seem appropriate to the characters and focus on the roleplaying over the combat, especially since combat is so deadly dull and noninteractive in PBEMs. If Dorlin suddenly realizes that his true calling is to be a master of dinner table ettiquette and lets his combat skills slide, then so be it. We shall just have to come up with creative ways to use Profession: Butler in combat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Korendil
                              As a minor side note, discussing who takes what feats so as to optimize party performance in combat is definitely pushing the edges of what I personally consider "metagaming."
                              Not really. Imagine a team of characters discussing how to work together in various ways.

Zerak, "Dorlin, you are pretty good with that halberd."
                              Dorlin (proudly), "Yes, I pride in my expertise in letting our enemies eat cold steel. Just yesterday, I practiced two hours with Muto."
                              Menchi, "Cold steel? I have never tried that before. How does it taste?"
                              Korendil gives Menchi a glare.
                              Zerak, "It looks like you will be our point man in combats."
                              Dorlin, "You can count on me. I am prepared to find new and innovative ways to dispatch them quickly."
                              Menchi, "Hey! I can stab them from behind too you know."

[And the discussion continues]

Originally posted by Korendil
                              If Dorlin suddenly realizes that his true calling is to be a master of dinner table ettiquette and lets his combat skills slide, then so be it.
                              But that's so out of character! Besides, he's clumsy.

Comment

• Hence
                                We shall just have to come up with creative ways to use Profession: Butler in combat.

Comment

Working...
                                X