No announcement yet.

Apolyton D&D: SF's PBEM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh good. I was hoping it wasn't my email account messing up again (since I made some slight changes to it).
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Ahh good. I was hoping it wasn't my email account messing up again (since I made some slight changes to it).
      I've been having the same thoughts. why aren't i getting any email?
      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

• There ya go. I sent it off. Happy, now?
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• Yes.

And Meria City description is up too! I checked the site before when you had updated the front page to include the link to Meria, but hadn't uploaded the file yet. So yay!

As a side note, I got your email twice - once from each address you own. I'm just basically checking that the two emails are the same?
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Oops. Now that wasn't intentional.

Anyway, it was 7:30 in the morning over here when I sent that, or thereabouts. I also totally forgot to change the subject line. Somebody else can make it Mission 2: Something Creative if they want.

Comment

• Nathan allegedly didn't recieve my Mission 2 emails, but did get Wraith's. Are others having a similar problem? I may have to kick my AT&T account.

Anyway, here's Kory's backstory. Nathan is too lazy to reactivate an Apolyton account, so I'm posting it. Please taunt him into getting one, by the way, you have DM approval.

Korendil se'Aswari ne'Ana Alvoriline (Kory to those who know him well and thus wish to annoy him) is a tall and exceedingly handsome Elven male. His long golden hair is as fine as flax, yet is so smooth and straight that a casual observer from another timestream might suspect an overuse of Brylcreem. His face is sculpted to the lines of a god, with high cheekbones and the thin, almost invisible eyebrows typical of highly bred Elves. His chin is utterly free of stubble, and his skin is milky white and pearly smooth. In short, he is a huge pile of bishounen eye-candy, the trappings of which serve to compensate somewhat for the unbelievably arrogant and abrasive personality housed behind those pale jade-sapphire eyes.

Korendil is the fourth son of a notable and powerful Elven House (when he talks about it, you can hear the capital letters) and as such is superior to virtually every single other living being on the planet except his elder siblings and his Grandfather. Elves being great believers in tradition, they follow a strict patriarchal and primogeniturial schema (even if less prevalent among the Ana), and thus Kory will likely never get much more than a tremendous amount of honor and responsibility out of his title. He is decidedly well-to-do, however, compared to the average workaday grunt. Sadly, House Alvoriline is entering something of a decline, as Kory's parents were both slain in the last civil war 10 years ago, by unknown assassins who were never caught. All of his elder siblings are either unwed or have yet to experience the joys of the fruits of their union (Elves are not a fertile people at the best of times.)

Fourth sons generally are not groomed for succession to House leadership, nor for any of the secondary places in such a setup (managing the financial affairs, or perhaps becoming Armsmaster.) Thus, Kory's education was thorough but rather lackadaisical. Seeking to reaffirm his House's name somewhat, Kory decided to find a position of honor and glory. As the Elven nation is in somewhat of a state of turmoil these days, the best place to search out the company of nobles, courtiers, officers, and gentlemen is the court of Meria. As there are already two sets of Elven Ambassadors, that particular route is closed to Kory, while the Elven Court is a bit of a closed system, and so he has been sent to a position in Meria's army instead. Naturally (to Kory's way of thinking) he was immediately noticed and groomed for a leadership position. When he has amassed sufficient glory that his name has become a household word (ancestorial notations and all), he shall return home triumphantly, and House Alvoriline will begin to rise once again to its rightful place as the crown jewel of a reunited Elfdom.

Kory has some innate talent for magic, as do most Elves, but he lacks the patience and self-control to become a true wizard. In his case, he finds spells of seeking and divination to be most to his taste, while having almost no stomach for those spells which work with dead or dying spirits. In general, Elves view any necromantic rituals as abominations, and can only grudgingly be persuaded to allow even goodly clerics to perform any such spells. Kory's true gifts, however, are in the realm of archery. If it can be fired, strung, thrown, hurled, or aimed, Kory can use it like a virtuouso. He has an almost uncanny knack for any sort of ranged weapon, from complex mechanical crossbows to the graceful Elven longbow to simple shotputs or hurling discs. This is compensated somewhat by the fact that his swordwork can be surpassed by an aging granny with a knitting needle. Still, supernaturally accurate archers are a valuable resource, and thus Kory found himself placed in command of a small unit in Meria's specops division.

OOC: Now that I'm officially a player with a backstory and everything, I thought I ought to post a description for placement in the official thread. Not that anyone who's read any of my emails can't immediately get a feel for Kory's personality, but it's nice to have it officially codified, ne?

Comment

• but it's nice to have it officially codified, ne?

By my way of thinking, indeed.

/me hits Zerak with a watermelon

Comment

but it's nice to have it officially codified, ne?

By my way of thinking, indeed.

* Skanky Burns hits Zerak with a watermelon
                  Yeah right, like you got the reach
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowFire
                    Nathan allegedly didn't recieve my Mission 2 emails, but did get Wraith's. Are others having a similar problem?
                    Nope, I got two identical e-mail messages from you, and 1 from Wraith.
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• ... and a reply from me to Wraith's email as well, correct?

Comment

• And a reply from UR.

Seems its just Nathan that is having email problems at the moment.

Comment

• Uh, if the reply from UR was more recent than his Friday reply, I didn't get it. Although I did get a private email from him recently... how weird.

Comment

• I have recieved two identicals from snowfire, a reply from wraith and ur and snowfire reply for wraith
                            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

• Hey, avatars are back!

Back on-topic, UR's recent reply was sent Tues. I forwarded it to both of your addresses anyway. Plus my email should be received by you too.

As a side note, do private conversations need to be cc-ed to our fair DM?

Comment

Back on-topic, UR's recent reply was sent Tues.
                                It's good that I used "reply to all"

Comment

Working...
                                X