cAHNES: 1811

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cAHNES: 1811

This NES takes place mainly in Europe and the Americas, though a little bit of Africa and Asia are included. I'm at school right now, i will post the map when i get home

From 1804-1806, Aaron Burr plotted a revolution in the Western territories/states of the US. When Britain was not interested, his chief co-conspirator betrayed him to President Jefferson, but what if the revolt had succeeded?

A world war resulted. On one side were Revolutionary France, led by Napoleon, Spain, Russia, and the US. On the other side were Britain, most of the German and Italian states, Austria, the new nation of Louisiana led by Burr, and after it rebelled from SPain in 1809, Mexico. Sweden and the Ottoman Empire were the only significant nations to remain neutral.

Now, it is 1811. An uneasy peace has been reached. France, Russia, and Spain have divided up most of Europe, and Britain is reeling from the trade losses. However, England won a crushing naval victory against the Spanish at Trafalgar. The resulting invasion of Spain won the British Gibraltar and the area surrounding it, and won independence for Portugal. Napoleon is getting restless, for he cannot successfully invade Britain and only his allies/neutrals remain in continental Europe.

In the Americas, the British-Louisiana-Mexico alliance won a decisive victory. The British have expanded the borders of Canada (but were forced back by the RUssians in Alaska), and when Mexico rebelled the independence of Louisiana was secured. The rebellion of Mexico has caused a few underground movements to form in Central and SOuth AMerica, but no revolution has been launched there yet.

In the US, the political system is now near collapse. Jefferson was highly unpopular for his failure to stop BUrr's rebellion, but so were the Federalists for urging the nation to be friendly to Britain, who betrayed them in favor of Louisiana. As a result, George Clinton has been elected president.

A few notes: All of the following areas, excepting major cities, are dominated by Native americans and the country that "controls them" actually has very little control over them: South America, All lands West of the Rockies except for those controlled by Mexico, Canada (BRitish land) West of the Great Lakes, and Alaska (Russian lands) except for the coast. The big green blob in Africa is out of bounds. Colonies in Africa are small and relatively undeveloped, and shall remain that way. Technology is Late Middle ages/early industrial, and will not advance very much. Portugal is the weakest nation, but its independence must be respected because of the treaty between Britain and Spain.

Also note that standards for army and navy sizes are much smaller in theis time period

Nations:
    Britain (orange)
    Large army
    Huge navy
    Constitutional Monarchy
    Ruler: Metaliturtle
    Allies: Louisiana, Mexico, Portugal
    War: None

Louisiana (dark brown)
    Medium army
    Small navy
    Republic
    Ruler: ??
    Allies: Britain, Mexico

Mexico (yellow)
    Medium army
    Medium navy
    Republic
    Ruler: civman2000
    Allies: Louisiana, Britain

Portugal (red)
    Small army
    Small navy
    Monarchy
    Ruler: jdd2007
    Allies: Britain

France (pink)
    Huge army
    Medium navy
    Egalitarian Dictatorship (everyone is equal except the dictator)
    Ruler: Sheep
    Allies: Russia, Spain, USA

Russia (light brown)
    Large army
    Medium navy
    Autocracy
    Ruler: Jack_www
    Allies: France, Spain, USA

Spain (green)
    Medium army (downsized in treaty with Britain)
    Small navy (downsized in treaty with Britain)
    Monarchy
    Allies: Russia, France, USA

USA (light blue)
    Small army
    Small navy
    Republic
    Allies: France, Spain, Russia

Ottoman Empire (gray)
    Large army
    Medium navy
    Theocracy
    Allies: None

Sweden (dark blue)
    Medium army
    Medium navy
    Monarchy
    Allies: None

I will be Russia. I hope a lot of people join this NES.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

One more note: Although it is not on the map, Russia can send troops to ALaska via Siberia (though they do have to get to siberia first)

map:
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll be mexico

Comment

sweden or portugal? both sound like fun, but i will choose portugal

Comment

i think i'll be France. I hope this desn't kill off the other nes, but if does, this one may be enjoyable.
            Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
            Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
            Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

To Louisiana (when someone becomes them):
              Some of the land which rightfully belongs to the Republic of Mexico in in your territory. You had taken it from spain before we revolted, and you have ti now. However, now that we have together defeated Spain we believe we should get the land. Map of the proposed border is below (current border is green, proposed border in white).

SECRET To Spain (when someone becomes them):
              Grant independence to two nations: United Lands of Central America (ULCA) and Florida-Cuba (FC). If you do this, I will halt all actions encouraging revolt in South America, and even encourage loyalty in spain. I will also sign an NAP and usually side with you in wars.
              Attached Files

Comment

Portugal demands aid from England, as soon as they have a leader

Comment

French Diplomacy

To Spain: We will support you in the suppression of the rebellious forces in your American colonies, if you ask for it.

To Portugal: I will be willing to give you the aid you need, on one condition, you sign an alliance with us and cancel the one with Britain.

To Russia: (top secret) I wonder what are the chances of successfully invading Britain are, they are our most dangerous foes, or perhaps a expasion into Sweeden. You could have the northen half of the country, and I the southern half.

To USA (top secret) If I go ahead with an invasion of Britain, would you be willing to tie up some Canadian forces. I will send troops to aid you against an expected Loisianian reprisal

To Louisania. We ask that you cancel your alliance with Briatain and instead ally with us. We will prevent any attempted US take over, or MExican

To Mexico: Cease youur aid to the rebellious forces in Spannish America, or you will fear the wrath of Emperor Napoleon.
                  Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
                  Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
                  Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

To Mexico: Cease youur aid to the rebellious forces in Spannish America, or you will fear the wrath of Emperor Napoleon.
                    Proposal made to Spain has been forwarded to France. (so it's not secret to them anymore)

Comment

I shall take Britain
                      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

This looks interesting.

I'll be Louisiana.

OOC: Civman, what are the white areas on the map?

Historical Note: I'm pretty sure that Burr was actually trying to help the New England states secede, not the western states.

Comment

Domestic:
                          We are upgrading our Army from Medium to Large. Will take 4 days real time.
                          We are upgrading our Navy from Small to Medium. Will take 2 days real time.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Diplomacy:

To France: We are keeping our alliance with Britain and Mexico.

To Mexico: We understand that some of that land that we currently hold culturally belongs to you. However, your proposal would involve us giving up too much land to you. You are already much larger than us. But, in order for you to have much of the land that culturally belongs to you, we propose the following border (our proposal in red):
                          Attached Files

Comment

((What about Portugese holdings in south america, they should have all of brazil))
                            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

TO ALL NATIONS

Britain wishes to let it be known that her advanced Naval strategies will be available to all nations which declare war upon France and change alliegance to the British side. Napoleon is a madman, and must be stopped at all costs.

((side note: Russia and France really shouldn't be allied, because the invasion of Russia is what caused Napoleon's downfall in real life.))

Comment

Working...
                              X