Random Comments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Comments...

I updated the ADC site with the Dip20 draw, but I still need names of eliminated players other than the ones I remember from when I GMed the game.

I noticed that some people (such as Polaris) seem to be interested in starting a game. Just a rundown of the games running currently-

Currently going games:
    Seismic Dip
    Dip 22 (PostModern)
    1600 Diplomacy (just waiting for Victor to come back to hand in moves, then I'll have the next turn)
    Domination Dip (see above, but with Defiant as GM)
    Civilization Diplomacy
    Dip 23, Amatsu
    Mayhem Diplomacy
    Shogun Diplomacy (maybe?)

Games stalled due to Boshko's abscence:
    Alien Dip
    Grey Dip

I think Colonization Dip is just plain dead.

Anyway, though 11 games is a pretty decent amount, if we're going to start a new game (which very well might not happen, but at least some seem to be interested in it), we should probably discuss some things first. I know that I'm partial to doing a Heptarchy or Bretwalda game myself, but not to GMing one (I'd rather play it! Well, Brewalda at least. I suppose I could GM a game of Heptarchy having played once on that map.). I also had a map of my own making that I was considering running a game off of, except that Windows crashed and for some god-unknown reason I hadn't saved at all and lost 95% of my work (this was over Christmas break on a crappier computer). There is also a variant of my own making I have but it is so complex that I don't think I'm going to loose it on Apolyton unless we get a lot more people ('twould probably require even more dedication than Roylae did).

Anyway, those are my thoughts on new games. I'd be curious to hear other people's.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Snowie - could you post links to these varients. I would be willing to participate, but I must first learn about them
    But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
    If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
    He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
    But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

SnowFire's right about me wanting to begin a game.

I really want to try this Napoleonic Diplomacy. The point system used to "bid" on non-player areas is very interesting. I'm sad no one wants to try it out.

If you mean Feudal Diplomacy, that is just a new variant for us to try out when some games are over, ie, Shogun Diplomacy. I have some more variants.

Shogun Diplomacy is on, SnowFire. I posted the Fall moves yesterday.

SnowFire, I'm interested in your variants. I'm always interested in new things, especially variants by fellow Apolyton players. Sorry about the map. While making my Shogun Diplomacy map, I lost it when I was outlining the map.
      Please Visit:
      http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Midshipman: http://web.libertysurf.se/baches/bretwald.htm
        Is the Bretwalda page (which has a few variant rules concerning fleets & ports & home SC's), and http://web.libertysurf.se/baches/heptarch.htm
        Is the Heptarchy page (which was the original version of the variant and is played completely straight).

LS1: Thanks.

Polaris: The long and short of my variant is that it is a magic-using variant of the game, intended to be played on the 1600 map, with various innovations (the crappy magical-variants you see at the DipPouch are all hideously unabalanced, plus with really uncreative magic spells like "sail on land."). There would also be soemthing of a story behind the map, and unraveling enough of it would give you access to some unbelievably powerful spells & technology. You'd also have more of an incentive to explore in odd places, since you never know what you'll find (and you'll get hints of other places to look to find cool stuff, of course).

I can't really give the details to you, since obviously all the events are hidden from players, and I'd like to keep the magic tree blind too- you can't be sure what spells you'll find, what you'll research, or even what spells your opponent has (without some sort of scrying spell, of course), since he might not have used his spell or used it quitely in a way that isn't announced. And of course different players start out with diffrent spells.
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SnowFire on 01-20-2001 03:12 AM
          I think Colonization Dip is just plain dead.

No it isn't. I have orders from everyone but can't adjudicate until I have some spare time...

CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

I've thought of doing a magic variant, SnowFire, for your reasons. But I could never get new ideas. I gave up on it a while ago.

One thing I did think of is an area that "ices" up magically every fall and winter, where the water becomes land, and armies can pass on a fall turn. Just an idea you can use on your variant if you would like to.

[This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited January 20, 2001).]
            Please Visit:
            http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Don't forget ADCT: The Tournament of Champions.
              The honorary duty of a human being
              is to love, I am human and nothing
              human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Ok, here's the list of players I found from the archives for Dip20:

Australia: LordStone1
                India: Thucydides, abandoned; Ruffhaus8 for the majority of the game
                France: Hacksaw, then ScottF for the last few SC's.
                Middle East: MjD - I have a feeling that he was replaced.
                Mexico: Sahib
                Russia: Bill3000 - NMR'ed the last few turns
                CSA: Defiant
                Brazil: Kropotkin
                Germany: Talon
                USA: Berzerker
                Japan: Mao
                China: bcr3
                SE Asia: SnowCrash22
                South Africa: Boshko
                Austria: Gibster
                England: Brave, replaced; SnowFire (I think)
                North Africa: Hans2, I think it was replaced too
                Canada: Coug
                The honorary duty of a human being
                is to love, I am human and nothing
                human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

And as I promised, Colonization Diplomacy is back!

SF, I need a retreat from you...
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                  X