No announcement yet.

Apolyton D&D: SF's PBEM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I've finished work for the week and my reply is now out. Hooray.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Just thought this was a good place to post this link:

Wraith
      Chaotic Amorals have more fun

Comment

• Does it do something other than say "loading..."?
        Half an hour later, no internet activity but it is still saying that.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Works for me. It loaded approx 2MB of data then started playing.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Ah, its probably related to my current lack of broadband then.

Comment

• Dorlin's recent less-than-impressive Spot of 8 reminded me of a writeup I had just finished reading this morning- it was from a sequel campaign of sorts to the Shadowrun campaign I referred to earlier, run by one of the players in our group. Anyway, for proper humor value, you should understand that unlike the relatively common critical failures in D&D- 1/20 chance of occurring- botches in Shadowrun, a 1 on all your d6 rolls, are quite rare (when you consider that rolling 3 dice is pretty much beginner level, and rolling 5-10 dice is far more common). Even with a mere 3 dice, there's only a 1/216 chance; with 4, a 1/1296 chance. As a result, the rare times you actually do get a critical failure in SR generally demand some pretty spectacular mistake.

Trickster told them that he had his reasons for helping them, and told them this about the CoG’s motives: “They are searching for what Christ chose in Gesthemane, for what Gilgamesh could not find in all of Babylon, and for what Sir Galahad searched the fields of Albion for.” With that, Trickster left, with assurances that they could reach him at his Shadowlands e-mail address.

To find out what Trickster meant by his cryptic statement,[57] Max researched all three names that he had mentioned. He first found that Gilgamesh had searched for immortality before finding that mortals could not have it. Then, due to a lack of rest,[58] his research turned up that Sir Galahad had wandered England in search of young boys to deflower. Finally, he found that Christ had chosen the life of the party in Gesthemane. Confused, he concluded that the CoG was searching for a way to eternally party with young boys.

[57] Peter and Jane already figured out that it was immortality, but Max had just developed a Mythology skill and Jane wanted to use it.

[58] First, a dice roll of 1, 1, and 1. Then, a roll of 1, 1, and 2.
              It really makes me curious what in the heck happened. Okay, so Max hadn't read up on Galahad yet, and as he goes to the 2056 equivalent of Google, he happens to check during the 2 hours when evil deckers have hacked the rankings to list only slash King Arthur fic, and he accidently clicks on one that wraps itself in semi-authenticity, and doesn't realize it's, uh, yeah. Before heading off to the Hippie New Age Christians website describing how Christ died for the right to party.

Hmph, and Wraith's link still hasn't loaded. Maybe some day...
              All syllogisms have three parts.
              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• Also, Wraith's link actually loaded for me - my full broadband speed has been restored.

Comment

• And it was funny too, I might add.

Comment

• "I want to cast Magic Missile"

"Why are you casting Magic Missile, theres nothing to attack here?"

"I'm attacking the darkness"

Comment

• I see that you were bored.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I just don't like having to change the view to 5 or more days just to see this thread.

Speaking of which, we have combat again now. Hooray!
                        Lets just hope none of us dies.

Comment

• With the latest round of action, my signature has been updated! Admire it!

I said admire it. Now!

Comment

• ooohh nice sig Skanky
                            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

• Hm... I'd just like to say that the damage dice have been rolling very schizoprenically. Melee weapons have done very well, with both Dorlin & both elves rolling max or one below max damage on their longswords or halberds. And meanwhile Menchi, after making several ridiculous rolls, manages to roll two 1's on her sneak attack. Normally I'm not a fan of fudging, but 2 damage on a sneak attack after such good hiding and such a strong hit made little sense, so 3 damage it was. And the badger does its thing of doing 1 damage practically everytime (thanks to 1d2-1 claw damage, 1d3-1 bite damage). Still, summoning something, even something wimpy, does provide the benefit of flanking, at least.
                              All syllogisms have three parts.
                              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

• --" Menchi, after making several ridiculous rolls, manages to roll two 1's on her sneak attack."

Well, at least she's got a trend set now. Great at sneaking, but don't ask her knives to do much more than make sashimi.

Now we just need to fight some of those monster fish...

We'd have leftovers for weeks!

Wraith
                                "There is no sincerer love than the love of food."
                                -- George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X