Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening of the Stella Polaris website and SPF

Opening of the Stella Polaris website and SPF

The new Stella Polaris website and Stella Polaris Forums will be opened in an official opening ceremony on Tuesday 4th February, 20:30 GMT/3:30 PM EST, which will be followed by a general Stella Polaris chat event with a party atmosphere, where you can talk about Stella Polaris or just have fun. The opening speech is held by the SPDT Manager, Rasbelin, and the chat will be hosted by Rasbelin and Disparat.

The opening ceremony and the chat are both held on the new official Stella Polaris IRC channel (#stellapolaris), which is located on the IRC server of ACS (apolyton.net). If you need instructions for how to connect to the IRC server and how to use IRC, please refer to the FAQ.

No special guests have yet been heard of, but several invitations have been sent.

I want to express my warm regards to Disparat for the work with the website and say thanks for the feedback that was received about the test site. Hopefully you will all like the new web services, one they are opened.

Welcome to the opening of the web services on Tuesday!
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Send my best regards to everyone Ras, as I wont be able to attend due to studies and no computer studing with me.
    Oh and Copy the speech and send it to me, eh?

Have fun all!
    -J.B.-
    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

I won't there too (a bit too late for me ), so publish a copy on the website, please, hope there will be some fun

Comment

W00t i will be there ofcourse! who will bring the b00ze?
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Great timing this time around, Ras. Just half an hour after my last lecture that day, so maybe I'll have time to even eat something before come over. Will surely be there. But I think it would be nice if you asked Mark to make it a news item, and then posted a transcript after the event.

* Vovan fires up notepad to come up with an introductory post for the SPF, in hopes of beating everyone to the post button *
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Well, it's not that much of a festive speech. Actually, I'm a bad speaker and I get bored by too long speeches myself too, so I try to keep it somewhat short. But I will get it posted, Ace and Kurilka.

Vovansim,

I've already taken care of that. The news hasn't been published yet as I post this, but I assume it will be public within the next 12 hours. That's also why I delayed to make this announcement here as I didn't see it published yet, so I decided to go ahead and post.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Hey, I like the color scheme of the forums.

The nonsense corner * chuckle *
              Spore page

Comment

Ok then Ras I send you good luck with your speech.
                -J.B.-
                Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

What is "community" forum for? Doesn't it kind of cover the same ground as "general discussion"? I like the color scheme too, hope it's final. And what will happen to this forum here at Apolyton?

Comment

Hey, it would be kind of cool to move the discussions we have had here into the new stellapolaris forums. (At least as some sort of read-only archive.) It would certainly be also manageable, since the forums use the same software.
                    Spore page

Comment

And what will happen to this forum here at Apolyton?
                      Well This Forum will be kept, and unless Ras changes that its staying like that.

Hey, it would be kind of cool to move the discussions we have had here into the new stellapolaris forums. (At least as some sort of read-only archive.) It would certainly be also manageable, since the forums use the same software.
                      I cant comment on that. You will have to wait for Rasbey to comment on it.
                      -J.B.-
                      Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Leland
                        What is "community" forum for? Doesn't it kind of cover the same ground as "general discussion"?
                        Community - Discussions about issues related to the Stella Polaris community (not SPDT).
                        General discussion - General Stella Polaris (the game) issues and discussions.
                        I like the color scheme too, hope it's final.
                        Yes, it is.
                        And what will happen to this forum here at Apolyton?
                        It will remain alive and kicking.
                        Originally posted by vovansim
                        Hey, it would be kind of cool to move the discussions we have had here into the new stellapolaris forums. (At least as some sort of read-only archive.)
                        That's most likely to happen at some point.

Comment

Oh Good, since the FreeAC ones weren't done like that I was skeptic that you would do it to these.
                          -J.B.-
                          Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Thanks very much to all the guests that were present.

Comment

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Like I said, I had a lot of work to do. Is there something the people who weren't there should know?
                              Michiel Helvensteijn
                              --
                              SPDT Member: Helpmate

Comment

Working...
                              X