Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your GPU is outdated
    CPU *

Its allright Ras. I dont mind if my 233mhz cant take it at least my 400mhz and 1.0ghz can.

-J.B.-
    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

I meant GPU, not CPU.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Vultur
        Put one common color to each unit (like transparency color of sprites), than it's possible to implement in the game a function that change that color into the player's one.
        Player logo... sound interesting. I think it's possible to paste a texture with a logo on a specified part of the unit.
        I still can't grok that did you mean, Vultur. There are several possible solutions:
        1) Colorkey texture. Really bad; we need either have a copy of all textures for each player (at least 2 for any battle) with changed colors or tweak colors each frame.
        2) Two textures. Normal texture + color/logo texture. Use separate primitive sets and separate UV maps (the later element may use really simple map, just rectangle (0,0)-(1,1)).
        3) Multitexturing. Good, but it may require either additional texturing units or excessive passes for legacy 3D cards.
        4) Pixel shaders. Even better, but still not standard and needs fallback solution.
        If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
        Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

Oops, I forgot about index mode and color lookup tables, but they impair perfomance a lot, are poorly supported by ordinary "game" cards and, in general, silly.
          If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

Another possibility is to draw some parts of model without any texturing at all. It's a safe bet, in fact. glDisable(GL_TEXTURE2D) and go-go-go.

Comment

Originally posted by targon
              I still can't grok that did you mean, Vultur. There are several possible solutions:
              1) Colorkey texture. Really bad; we need either have a copy of all textures for each player (at least 2 for any battle) with changed colors or tweak colors each frame.
              2) Two textures. Normal texture + color/logo texture. Use separate primitive sets and separate UV maps (the later element may use really simple map, just rectangle (0,0)-(1,1)).
              3) Multitexturing. Good, but it may require either additional texturing units or excessive passes for legacy 3D cards.
              4) Pixel shaders. Even better, but still not standard and needs fallback solution.
              My idea was solution #1 - like: use 2D flags like Civ2, CtP2 and SMAC.
              Also solution #2 can be implemented, sound resonable and practical. We'll see... for now we need few simple things, there is all the time to complicate them
              Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
              In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
              Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

Comment

Working...
              X