No announcement yet.

List of units required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, thanks. I hope that units will be used in the game, rather than trashed, at least for now.
    *targon downloading this page to Zip drive for use as documentation*
    Under way.
    If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
    Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

I come up with something more when I'm back, but here's a few.

Land and air

Anti-aircraft missiles
      Anti-tank missiles
      Armed personnel carrier
      Scout
      Light tank
      Heavy tank
      Bomber (stealth or something abit more developed)
      Fighter (same as above)
      Artillery (doesn't sound too futuristic, but will most likely be available in the future too)
      Transport helicopter (transportation of unit stacks)
      Transport airplane (same as above)

Naval

Transport (transportation of unit stacks)
      Submarine (could be several different if you have any good ideas; nuclear powered and light?)
      AEGIS cruiser (or something improved)
      Battleship (sounds old fashioned, but these are valuable )

That's about it for now.

P.S. I didn't copy these units from civ. I'm more of an eager Panzer General player.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Under way.
        If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

why didnt you say all you need is a name.....i could come up with names too.....but nooooooo.....i had to write an intire discription......blah
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

DBTS, you units are simply the 1st in my queue. It's completely due to your descriptons. Calm down.

Comment

Garrison infantry, work in progress

Here is a really wierd rendering of the infantry model. Texturing is ~%50% done, needs some "features" like platoon signs and various small details. For curious, this character pose is usualy selected as so-called "rest position", as you could easily access any part of the model; later, this approach leads to so-called "posing" via "bones", "scelegons", "weight maps" and other arcane stuff. For realtime rendering, bone/skin animation may be an overkill, so we may fall back to simple "part pivot" animation.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is its mesh:
                Attached Files

Comment

...And texture, if someone is interested
                  Attached Files

Comment

OK, now this guy is a bit improved, but I think there isn't direct necessity to waste apolyton server once more.
                    DBTS! Coming soon: recon flyer. Film at 11

Comment

Oops, somewhat offtopic, but I have some prior expertice in animation. Not a big, though. So, if we (a) will have nobody to use in this way && (b) this is really required (starnge for downloadable game) && (c) StPDT will beg me really hard, I'll try to animate something. Again, we should better apply someone else, but I'm Graphics Manager now and need to do a lot of dirty work anyway

Comment

BTW, the guy above weights something around 490 triangles. Could anyone from the coder team say how big or low it is according to their estimates?

Comment

I'm not an expert, but it seems to be a little bit to much. It's quite simple unit but it's 490 tr. And maybe we wil have thousands of units on 1 map...

Comment

yeah.....i got a unit.....btw....because they are urban soldiers green may not be there color......and yeah next unit is underconstruction
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

OK, Ok. You said "urban". Then, they must be gray/black or so, right? It isn't especialy easy to change their color scheme, but it isn't hard either.
                              Thanks for feedback.

Comment

Recon flyer, v.1

Here is some sample renderings of the recon flyer, as I imagine it. Of course, "flyer" term isn't much descreptive (that is it, helicopter, jet plane or something other?), so don't blame on me.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X