• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very much like a E2C Hawkeye.
    Nonetheless its good.
    -J.B.-
    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

This is completely independent idea, started from squashed sphere used as forward bulb. OK, thanks.
      Coming soon:
      - Infantry, urban camo.
      - Survey teams.
      If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
      Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

Ok Make the Recon Plane a little more visible. Showing windows and brighter colors. It is hard to see. Also the radome is not very spherical. Try to make it more rounded.

- Just some things to think about and change.

-J.B.-
        Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

OK, I really messed something up with its lighting. Radome may be done a bit more rounded, but it needn't to be any "spherical", as today radio systems employ phased lattice rather than rotating "dish". It must be aerodynamical, slim and not too large... but you're right, it could be less pointy at the front/back.
          If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

BTW, if our coder team will use some 3D features more advanced than as in OpenGL 1.0 this forward blister may actualy reflect surrounding objects via cubic environmental mapping.

Comment

cool! very cool!
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Maybe a blimp would be better as a mobile sensor platform, as it can stay in the air for months at a time, keeping itself powered with solarpanels on top of the baloon, with a radar dome underneath,
                baloon 20-30 meters lenth, 10 meters diameter,
                a 5meter radar dome underneath and some antenna's and things like that underneath.
                PS. I'll start a thread with some alien units and other concepts
                Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

OK, I really messed something up with its lighting. Radome may be done a bit more rounded, but it needn't to be any "spherical", as today radio systems employ phased lattice rather than rotating "dish". It must be aerodynamical, slim and not too large... but you're right, it could be less pointy at the front/back.
                  Yes Bad wording I'm sorry.
                  It needs to be more rounded is what I meant but you know what I mean.

Thanks Mark.
                  -J.B.-
                  Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Geology survery team, complete(?)

Here are sample renderings of the geoteam crawler. BTW, these renderings show real outlook of this stuff in the game, as its texture has even shadows "baked" in.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Garrison infantry, urban camo

I've fixed both color scheme and distribution so now it looks more like real camo:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very, Very, Very, nice! Exemplary work. I love the geoteam crawler.
                        The Unit Looks a bit Stiff. But hes being designed So I suppose thats why.
                        -J.B.-
                        Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Kurilka
                          I'm not an expert, but it seems to be a little bit to much. It's quite simple unit but it's 490 tr. And maybe we wil have thousands of units on 1 map...
                          Thanks for feedback, but modern 3D cards already exceeded 1 Billion triangles per second limit, and it was not particulary recently. nVidia recommends ~100 pixels for triangle: less, and you'll be limited by transformation engine; more and you'll be cutted down by fill rate (and thus may add geometry for free).
                          But at first, let's you coders make something, test on dozen machines and then think. Anyway, I'll try to simplify these meshes a bit and gawk how bad they be then.

Comment

wow i like the geosurvey team!
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Phew, what a nice geosurvey team!
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Excellent geosurvey crawlers, I'll take 10. Do you ship oversea? ^_^

-Gateway103

Comment

Working...
                                X