No announcement yet.

Aliens and Natives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well The hairy So-Called Human is good by me. Its eyes even make it out to be sort of telepathically powerfull. Maybe make it a little more on the skiny side and less big boney cheeks. It would be fragile and wouldn't be strong in bones. As Mark said they are creatures that depend on others for protection.
    -J.B.-
    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Thanks for feedback, J.B.!
      If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
      Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

Your Welcome.
        Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

here's the list I posted in the SDPt story thread for processing in the game story:

Beastmaster:
          -small about 1.5 meter or 5 feet.
          -a bit apelike, hairy, hands etc (maybe extra fingers or something)
          -they are intelligent, but at a stone-age level.
          -their main strength is their telepathic abilities, because they are weak themselves and their are many strong predators on the planets they can control the minds of the predators to protect themselves.
          -their telepathic abilities and intelligence are evolving to a higher level just at the time the humans arrive. (meaning they are creating a telepathic network like planet in SMAC/X)
          -IDEA: the ecology's of M-class world have been created by an ancient now extinct alien race, but after they left the ecologies collapsed, evolving the peacefull creatures into fierce predators, and the caretakers (beastmasters) devolved to their present state.
          (this would explain their presence on many worlds, and make them easier to incorporate into the story)

In my mind beastmasters look like monkey's that walk on two feet, look very skinny(with fur), brittle, physically weak, but with big black eyes that suggest phycic powers.
          Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
          -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Furry sectoid, that is?
            If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

oh yes about the alien posted as i already said about it but i could have a little bit more darker look....a little bit more sinister....?
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Yes, very nice image. But I agree with DBtS. It needs to be a little more intimidating. The way it is nowit, looks like it is scared or very surprised. Since it's eyebrows are lifted, and the corners of the mout point down, it seems to me like he is either about to cry or run away. And if the mouth might be the result of just some current emotion of the alien, the brows are in that position permanently due to the shape of the skull.

IMO, since this guy has telepathic abilities, he needs to look confident in himself. The brows should be lower, even maybe a little over the top of the eye. He should look menacing, I think.

But it's a great job for a "very raw image"
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

The more I think about it, it is probably also the shape of the eyes that makes me think he is scared. I played around with the guy in a graphics editor, and the result is attached. Of course, if it pretty bad, since I was editing the image you attached, but I just wanted to show how just a simple different shape of the eyes makes a difference.
                  Attached Files
                  XBox Live: VovanSim
                  xbox.com (login required)
                  Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                  Spore page

Comment

you are correct but perhaps the cheekbones has to be less round too...but i am not a facial expert or a graphics expert so i am content with almost anything
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Yes, I have to agree. It does look like hes scared. Try to make his eyes a little more narrow. Also the mouth needs to be more straight or a little smile that is hardly seen but that makes him seem a bit amused of his abilities. Try to make him have a dark powerfull look.
                      -J.B.-
                      Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Very interesting eyes, vovansim. Promising idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X