No announcement yet.

Aliens and Natives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also will try some designs at the weekend. I hope it will not be , er, intimidating.
    If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.
    Stella Polaris Development Team, ex-Graphics Manager

Comment

How does this whole "beastmaster" scheme relate to

A) the concept of multiple star systems?
      B) the background story?

Comment

Its another cool Idea. It could relate to the background story. But then again the background story need not include it. Because the background story is in the beggining before planet fall. This is when the factions land. So therefore it doesn't matter. Multiple star Systems? Well that has nothing to do with this and it doesn't conflict with any star system ideas so I would say this beastmaster thingy is good and shouldn't provide a problem.
        -J.B.-
        Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

I am of the opinion that background story is not just a prologue, but should be somehow present throughout the game. Just like in SMAC you'd have the theme of making contact with the Planet and preparing for transcendence in the background all the time. Also, if there are multiple planets, there has to be some explanation why the "beastmasters" show up in many places.

Comment

yes i agree with leland...but we have two alien races in the story right well maybe we can use them so to spread the beastmasters (need another name) to several other planets...but not all so that when you find a planet without them you have a very different planet as when you find one with beastmasters on them
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I don't like the idea of using psychic powers.

I don't understand how you can say "no FTL" but not object to telepathy.

Comment

Mark123jansen,

Take a look at the SPDT Story thread and help gateway please. So we can see if this is good to put in the story.

Thanks,
                Jeremy Buloch
                Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

OK, this rendering is still very raw, but I think I may post it (just for fun)
                  P.S. Any similatities between the alien image and some character you know are coincidence.
                  Attached Files
                  If you don't see my avatar, your monitor is incapable to display 128 bit colors.

Comment

I like it!
                    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                    -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Oh cool! I saw this right after I posted in the SPDT story section. It looks so real! Thanks Targon.
                      -J.B.-
                      Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Bunnies!
                        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

lol nice one DBTS Very informative.
                          -J.B.-
                          Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

I think it looks too much like a hairy human.

Comment

J.B.: But it's sometimes enough
                              Suggestions (besides drawing parts other than face)?

Comment

Originally posted by Leland
                                I think it looks too much like a hairy human.
                                I think it's exactly the thing our writers were about to view. We have common ancestors with that guy, aren't we?
                                If not, which things needs to be different?
                                Draw some concept art, if you can. Send it to me via mail if you feel shy

Comment

Working...
                                X