Aliens and Natives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens and Natives

Only 2 factions are known: aliens and "natives." So right now there's not that much to write, but if you Mark want to, you could come up with a few suggestions as their descriptions (aliens and "natives"). however GW or Blake might already have some ideas.
    As you can see Rasbelin asked me to come up with ideas for natives and aliens, so far I've only given thought to the natives:

on M-class planet: colonists find traces that those planets where terraformed by an alien race long ago (thus all M-class planet have the same flora and fauna) But in their absence their perfect ecosystems have gone awall. Fierce spieces competition has given rise to dangourus predators and semi-intelligent "beastmasters" wich are able to telepathicly control predators and use them for protection. Since humans are a threath to them they attack bases at random. (if the rumors about a seperate battle screen where battles take place realtime, taking out the beastmaster would mean instant victory against natives)

I dont have any clear ideas about the predators at the moment but maybe some of you do?
    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    -Henrik Tikkanen

well we are going to use PSI combat so some kind of mindworm will probably enter in the game
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

well thats what the beastmaster is all about, fighting him is psi combat, as he can also control humans. but to get to the beastmaster you have to kill all his subjects, manually with normal weapons
      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

hmm predator? Well "Man" is a predator.
        But seriously...
        The Predator could be some sort of animal species that has hardly any sentients so therefore it is easily controlled because it doesn't have a strong mind that can fight back. This is all that I could come up with at 2:33 A.M. maybe when I'm awake I will have more intelligent thoughts.
        -J.B.-
        Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

if the have hardly any sentients i would prefer that they would not be humanoid...beastmaster could be humanoids but the predators would be more like the mindworm we know from SMAC maybe bearlike or horselike
          Bunnies!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

I agree with you, beastmasters could be something like monkeys (maybe an extra set of limbs) and predators could get bigger and bigger further into the game (like hatchling to demon boil from fanged rabbits to ultra killer grizzleys)
            -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

i like bunnies
              Bunnies!

Comment

well it doesnt have to be bunnies, but the weakest beastmaster should only command relatively innocent creatures, and the more powerfull ones should have creatures of pure terror (possibly employing psi-combat)
                -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Hehe, what about cows? They made fine enemies in Diablo 2.
                  Michiel Helvensteijn
                  --
                  SPDT Member: Helpmate

Comment

Yes I was thinking of having non humaniod animals. I should of pointed that out. Anyways... The Beastmaster should be a primate type creature so I fully agree with you peoples. The predators couldbe modeled after the species on Earth yet have totally different charicteristics. Like putting a Cow and a duck and making them one.
                    -J.B.-
                    Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Yes, I was thinking about a combination of a tyranosaurus and an elephant, big twolegged dinosaur, with a trunk and big claws.

also if we want to make a few totaly alien species, i'll look up some pictures of deep sea creatures, they always look alien
                      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

The problem with aliens is they often have 4 legs/2 legs+ 2 arms and a head. I'd prefer Aliens along the lines of "War of the Worlds" or "Independance Day", If you know what I mean

Comment

Off course, we must think of some original aliens, but it is possible that if there are planets like earth, the evolution of life on those planets will go in about the same, humanoid way. 2 arms, 2 legs and a head. Maybe throw in some variation (star trek?), but I think a lot of aliens could be like that.
                          Michiel Helvensteijn
                          --

Comment

Well yes. But in Star Trek the Aliens were like that because of another species that made all of them that way. It was in an episode with Jean Luc Picard. They were aliens that put the genetic code across the universe and all would be humaniods. Well almost all.
                            The Aliens would most likely be non-Humaniod or they could be humaniod I dont care about that detail. Just I dont think the sentient aliens will be animal like. So the Sentient ones could be sort of humaniod and the animal ones will be non sentient. I hope I make sense.
                            -J.B.-
                            Naval Imperia Designer

Comment

Yeah, it does.

And about that episode, I saw it and I think it's the most ridiculous episode I ever saw. I mean, I'm a startrek fan, but this explanation of theirs, they could have done better.

And yeah, sentient sentient aliens could Mostly be humanoid, but not all. There could also be some nice monster-like sentient aliens like 8472 from voyager. (NOOO, not more star trek!!! )
                              Michiel Helvensteijn
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X