No announcement yet.

New Faction philosophies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO all the (Earthly) religions fall into two categories: pragmatic and fanatic. Pragmatic religion is, from gameplay point of view, the same as no religion at all, and fanatic religion is what Miriam represented. The planet worshippers are distinct from these two groups because their object of worship actually happens to exist. So, I don't think that bringing too many existing religions into the mix adds much.

That being said, in my list there are 4 religiously motivated factions... Theocrats (=Believers), Planet Worshippers (=Cult), Evangelicals (bent on converting the rest of the planet) and Monks (isolationist, more contemplative folks).

Comment

good enough for me
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

sounds good, could be programmed into a new faction value: religion class
        Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
        -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

i am working on some artwork and i was thinking maybe this is a good symbol for a new faction...it is way to detailed and currently in black&white but it could be cool...(not true size)
          Attached Files
          Bunnies!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

*Checks DBTS's avatar*

*Checks DBTS's proposal*

Hmmm...

Comment

i know....but it is a workeble model for a religous faction maybe....or somethinglike that
              but some new models are coming this way is there a thread where i can put in some graphics?
              Bunnies!

Comment

*aaglo thinks about fractals...*

Why not...
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

a gift from me to the StP commmunity....you like it or you dont like it!
                  Attached Files
                  Bunnies!

Comment

It looks hitchhikery... as in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Maybe it's the font.

Comment

nope i made it totally by myself 100% made by DBTS
                      Bunnies!

Comment

It kinda reminds me of the sierra emblem, the blue globe.
                        Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                        -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

I think it would be fun to have a hedonist faction, though I'm not entirely sure how you would represent that in a game.
                          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X