money/happy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money/happy stuff

how is this going to work...i was thinking of it some time ago and i had the idea of different kind of currency...like everone his own national money...with a economical strong faction would have a strong coin and the other way around. so when you dont look out for your economy the prizes will go up due to inflation....etc etc...

and happines...i was thinking if you are happy with where you are you would be more productive...and visa versa...so maybe you could couple what a worker produces. it he is happy he would produce +25% mineral +10%energy and +15% nutrients...and if he is unhappy -25%mineral etcetc. this way you could 'rush' with giving a party in a base...the people would become happier....it would cost you but instead of only getting mineral for the money you also get extra nutrients and enegry...an indirect rush of some kind...

feedback please!
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

different currencies?
    Too complicated for the player (me ) IMO.

Happiness....yes it should be there, and it should influence mineral/gold/nutrient income...othe then that, i don't really care how it's done...
    It would be nice if it would have some sort of roleplaying feeling, that if you attack peaceful factions unprovoked, people would get unhappy. Same when you keep a significantly smaller military then your neighbouring faction, who doesn't like you much.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I dont think it should have influence on nut/prod/energy when citizens are unhappy, they probably are not given the choice on what they produce. At least, under Stalin it was like that.
      On the other hand, a very low morale of population could lead to an economic crisis due to lack of consumption - but that would only take plave in an unhealthy free market economy, wouldnt it ?

So these factors would mainly depend on the way economy works : meaning on the social engineering.
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Happiness would help productivity a little, although I don't think the effect should be as big as 25%. Maybe just a few percent. Equipment upgrades give more productivity for the investment. Just look at productivity figures as computers were integrated into workplaces.

For money, either it's the SMAC way with universal energy, or a computerized electronic system. Electronic transfers and credit cards do most transactions today already. Maybe colonists would find a rare substance to trade. In any case I don't think it should be as complicated as currencys are today.
        It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
        X