Welcome Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Thread

Weclome to the new "Stella Polaris" forum. Here's a copy of the official announcement of its opening:

"Apolyton's forum for Stella Polaris (previously known as FreEAC) is now open! The forum is being moderated by Rasbelin (Project Manager) and Blake (Project Chief Executive Officer).

For those unfamiliar with the game, SP is an open source project that is currently planning and programing a free turn based strategy game about interstellar and extraterrestial colonisation. Quoting one of the members of the development team: "A free game developed by gamers who always wished that existing [turn-based strategy] games could have been something more than they are. It is a game of hope and inspiration, set on an alien planet, where your leadership would determine the future of a species." The game is more concentrated on the multiplayer concept with many players (16 or so), but it will also be able to play it as a singleplayer game.

Let the discussion begin!"

---------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say Good Luck with the project.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I also want to say good luck...

Comment

Most Excellent! Thanks DanQ, MarkG, Rasbelin, and anyone else that helped make this forum a reality

Comment

I wish you the great success with SP. I checked out the forum in a cursory fashion, but I couldn't find a web page with design info. I did see a thread about a web page but it was filled with deadlinks Have you got a web page?

Again, good luck with the project!
          Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
          A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
          Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Mark_Everson, we do have a webpage.

The link is http://freeac.org
            or you could go straight to the forum with http://freeac.org/forums.

-Gateway103

Comment

As one developer to another, good luck!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thank you very much for the good co-operation, Dan and Markos!

I will start adding parts to the FAQ here ASAP. I didn't expect the forum until the weekend, so there's a delay. Sorry.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Hey, I want also a cool title like Rasbey and Blake, or I won't play with you guys.

[edit]: Oh yes, thank you all responsible for this forum.
                  I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Aaglo, just apply for the RoN or MOO3 staff memberships. You'll get a title then too, except that it will be customisable unlike my and Blake's.
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

C'mon everybody, join us to the trip to Stella Polaris!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, It took me a while to figure out what you meant with the 'Rise of Nations or Master of Orion 3 Staff...'

Nah, I haven't followed those forums at all, so I'm not that interested.

Comment

I see. Anyway, I would call that off-topic spam. Should I call for Ming? You could get a free ticket to Mingapulco.

Comment

You don't scare me.

Comment

I'll follow the progressof this game with great interest.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X