DICTATOR II MGE - Coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jim panse
    Have I told you lately that I love your gfx, Curt?

Anyway, if you need more camo tanks just tell me. In the meantime I could offer also a PzKpfw V Panther with camo too ....
    Please do!
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Palaiologos
      Sorry curt, but my first impressions are negative.
      1.The Himmler wonder is lost. Another fellow has already pointed that out. The way to get around it is to delete a wonder from a city before razing it. It is too late now i think....
      Oops!
      I wonder if Civ-city can bring it back?
      I have back ups, so all is not lost! It may cause a delay...

A damn silly mistake by me!

Originally posted by Palaiologos 2.The V-2 has been replaced by that rocket launcher. Taking into account that the V-2s were used against England(and its launching bases were one of the Allied prime targets in Normandy) one can only wonder how realistic loading the launchers into transports and set sail for England, would be.
      The trouble is the V2 is a wasted unit because the AI never uses them intelligently.
      It is easy to revert them back to the original purpose.

Do you reccomend this?

Originally posted by Palaiologos 3.No partizans appear after the chinese cities fall!
      Worry not, I forgot to give em' Resistance tech, easy fix.

Originally posted by Palaiologos 4.All civs should have the trade tech as it allows to view the cities that are objective.
      I have this tech as Lend-Lease for the USA, but it can be fixed...No problem!

Now to try and fix the Himmler wonder.
      If I can get it back, I will have to grab a earlier test-save and do some rebuilding...
      It might be helpful to redeploy the German military anyway!

I will post a new patch if I can get this wonder back, or post it tomorrow if I have to rebuild.

Comment

• aw shhhhiiiiitttttt! Mercator yer the man! I'm gonna hump your leg for this one!
        Thanks given to Mercator for his sprite editor.

10 x Thank you!
        My leg thanks you for your restraint.

Since I've been liberally lifting your posted graphics, it's the least I could do. Keep the fun stuff coming!
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Yes i think that the V-2 should be converted back.

Anyway, i doubt if these mobile rocket launchers even existed.

Actually i think there is a way to "force" the AI to use the V-2 as it did historically i.e for attacks on London.

Try this event:

@IF
          TURN
          turn=-1
          @THEN
          MOVEUNIT
          unit=V2 Launcher
          owner=Third Reich
          maprect
          moveto
          numbertomove=ALL

Do not know if it will work though.

And still no event for the fall of Singapore.....

Would you like me to write you one?
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Tech tree errors:

1."NKVD" troops has "Pershing" as a prerequisite. That means that once the Americans get hold of the Pershing tech they will be able to research NKVD troops.

2."Neutral council", "Allied liberty" and "Nationalist army" have NONE as a prerequisite making them researchable by all, from the very start.

3.What is the "ASW tactics"? Sounds like a anti-sub allied thing.Anyway, the Japs can research it.
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Yes i think that the V-2 should be converted back.

Anyway, i doubt if these mobile rocket launchers even existed.

Actually i think there is a way to "force" the AI to use the V-2 as it did historically i.e for attacks on London.

Try this event:

@IF
              TURN
              turn=-1
              @THEN
              MOVEUNIT
              unit=V2 Launcher
              owner=Third Reich
              maprect
              moveto
              numbertomove=ALL

Do not know if it will work though.

And still no event for the fall of Singapore.....

Would you like me to write you one?
              @Palaiologos, sounds good! I will give it a try!
              I am busy bringing an old save up to speed with the one that had the broken Himmler wonder.
              It is coming along well, I can some fix things as I go...

In the meantime, if you want to do a Singapore event, I would be honoured to include it!

Comment

Tech tree errors:
                1."NKVD" troops has "Pershing" as a prerequisite. That means that once the Americans get hold of the Pershing tech they will be able to research NKVD troops.
                Fixed!
                A left-over from a bug hunt, where I copied over an old version of the rules.txt.

Originally posted by Palaiologos 2."Neutral council", "Allied liberty" and "Nationalist army" have NONE as a prerequisite making them researchable by all, from the very start.
                Same cause as the NKVD...fixed too.
                These techs are given from the start, and are not researchable.

Originally posted by Palaiologos 3.What is the "ASW tactics"? Sounds like a anti-sub allied thing.Anyway, the Japs can research it.
                Anti-Sub Warfare, a naval end-tree tech, all civs can research it.

Comment

• The chinese incident proves a walk in the park for the IJA as by december 1940 ALL of China has been occupied. I think you should give the Japanese less infantry and airforce.

Moreover perhaps the Imperial marines could have an Attack of 7 instead of 8.

IMPORTANT!!!

Chunking and some other chinese cities are "liberated", instead of "captured" by the japs. That means that no partizans will appear, tech or not. Change from Civcity the original founder of the city.

Other fixes:
                  1.Kashgar is not shown originally in the map.

2.The Wehrmacht can make ampibious landings.Perhaps seizing the British shores should be a task for the fallscimjaegers.(that does not mean that paras should have amphibious, rather that none should)

3.The history pop up has something like: "nation II.Test of Time." huh?

.......and Guderian is a prominent historian? Shouldn't be Lidelhart or someone like him?

I will make that Singapore event tommorow.

Comment

• Just have a look into my Market Garden Thread

Comment

• I realise now that this update has the wrong rules and events file...

So if you chaps can give me till later today,
                      I will have the new scn file and rules/event ready...

I will wait for Palaiologos' singapore event too.

I read that the wehrmacht had infantry assault grenadiers ready for taking beach heads in the UK, should 'sealion' be a sucess.

Giving the player as many combat options as possible.
                      That is why I gave the wehrmacht this ability. The Brits have it too...

Of course the AI will use Fallschirm platoons to capture the cities firstly anyway.

Comment

• Of course the AI will use Fallschirm platoons to capture the cities firstly anyway.
                        ... what wouldn´t be that historically inaccurate. If I recall the British Paratrooper Paranoia in 1940 after the Fall of France ....

Comment

• Originally posted by jim panse

... what wouldn´t be that historically inaccurate. If I recall the British Paratrooper Paranoia in 1940 after the Fall of France ....
                          I was talking abou the AI, who always uses paras if available...

But that is why I gave the human axis player a chance to do ambhib attacks too...to make it open to different strategies...

PS
                          Love the new Market garden units!

Comment

• @IF
                            CITYTAKEN
                            city=Singapore
                            attacker=Japanese Empire
                            defender=British Allies
                            @THEN
                            TEXT
                            ^^TIGER OF MALAYA!
                            ^General Yama****a, comanding the 25th army, in a stunning manuevre, surprises the British
                            Commonwealth forces and seizes Singapore!.The British expecting an attack from the sea, are
                            tottaly surprised by the Japanese and ignorant of their opponent's numbers, surrender.
                            ^More than 85.000 Commonwealth troops under General Percival,surrender to Yama****a's
                            force of only 30.000, in what is the British Empire's greatest defeat in history!.
                            ^Yama****a's stunning victory earnes him the nickname "Tiger of Malaya". This day will be
                            known as the black Sunday of the British army.
                            ENDTEXT
                            @ENDIF

I do not know if i managed to follow your style in the event text, but i tried.The attack took place on the 15th of February. You are certainly free to modify the text as you see fit.

Comment

• When the "Sper battleships" event comes up, the tech given is "Bakuku warfare II" instead of "Superbattleships".

The British commando shield is misplaced.

And BTW Operation barbarossa miserably failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cifer Almasy
                                ehm well... almoust forgot! Norway is really unimportant in your scenario yet! But whats with the Norway-Iron Ore! Hitler just occuoied it because of that!
                                It was Swedish Iron Ore. Norway was conquered to secure the trade routes.
                                Attached Files
                                "Et deus dixit fiat lux !"
                                "Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen."
                                "I love Democracy Ilove the Republic ..."

Comment

Working...
                                X