WW2 Europe - favourite scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palaiologos

Well for one thing it is extremely balanced....

And it is copletely playable by all, Axis, allies, Russians....

Excellent scenario.
    Of course you realize that the designers cheated to make that scenario? The special "WW2-only AI" heading in the scenario options menu was to make the game operate the way they wanted. We have to do things the hard way....
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

Comment

I wonder if there is a way to create a custom-AI by editing the Civ2.exe file (or whatever they did there). If I knew even the slightest bit about programming, that would have been the first thing I'd have tried out when starting with scenario design.
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

But if select it scn maybe crash!?

Comment

Up the deadly boot was a favorite of mine for quite a while. Red Front front had me fearing "recall" to Moscow for more than a few late nights. The Cruel Sea was boatloads of fun
          Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
          Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

What exactly does the special WW2 AI? I never understood that...
            Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

I have been playing Civ II for years and following these threads nearly as long and have never seen the answer to your question about the special WW2 AI. I know a lot of scenario designers don't use it even in WWII Europe scenarios. Does anybody know how it differs from the normal (lame) AI?

Comment

Actually i saw in a thread somewhere that makes it harder for the AI to sign peace treaties.

But can not be too sure.
                "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Question to Programmers - is it possible to add completley new civilizations to the Civ2.exe?
                  "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
                  -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

What do you mean?

If you alter the rules file you can have f.e an Arabs civ, with its own cities, leaders,titles etc.

Also there is a way to interfere with the leader portraits.

Do not know about the animated herald though.
                    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Whoa! You can add another civ?

Does it replace a civ or actually a whole new one?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                        Whoa! You can add another civ?

Does it replace a civ or actually a whole new one?

Replace.
                        "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                        -OOTS

Comment

Working...
                        X