WW2 Europe - favourite scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 Europe - favourite scenarios?

it's been done to death, but which are yours?
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

I've only played to completion the Microprose one and Harlan's WW2Euro.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The Third Reich by Mike Jeszenka

Never really got into Second Front by Nemo. Does Red Front count, because that's perhaps my favourite ever scenario?
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
        The Third Reich by Mike Jeszenka

Never really got into Second Front by Nemo. Does Red Front count, because that's perhaps my favourite ever scenario?
        I would dearly love to see a European Theatre based Scenario built on similar lines to Red Front.
        "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
        -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

Harlan Thompson's WW2 scenario is the best IMO (though Marko's The Struggle For Europe comes a very close second)
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Mike Jezenka's "Final Days" based on the German offensive towards Stalingrad is little known (it's ToT), but an interesting operational type scenario.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Red Front is my favorite (biased as I was a playtester) followed by all of the TOT ones such as Dictator, Final Days and more that I can't remember right now.
              TOT is great with more units and more events, its a shame more people don't play it. TSFE was also very good, but a massive scenario.

Comment

Alex and Nemo's works are all great classics.
                Another gem is Mike Jezenka's 'Final Days.'
                I also favour Mr Harlan and Marko's superb works.
                I was also a big fan of Case's Cruel sea, I and II.

I think it is brilliant that there are so many busy CIV2 mod-makers, keeping the legacy alive!
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Herbstnebel! (Boco disappears in guilt for not giving DV prompt feedback...)
                  El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I'm not a fan of the WW2 genre, but I must say that "Up The Deadly Boot" by John Petroski is a scenario of excellent workmanship. Nemo's "Red Front" and "Second Front" scenarios deserve honourable mention because they're simply well made, but for me, they will never achieve that depth.
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

The WW2 scenario that comes with the civ2 game.(Microprose).

Simply put, it is the best.
                      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

The WW2 scenario that comes with the civ2 game.(Microprose).

Simply put, it is the best.
                        I'm curious, why you think that?
                        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

I must say that Red Front is also my favourite WWII scenario. However lets not detract anything from things like Up the Deadly Boot. I bought MGE to play this scenario. Shame about the sound though, i.e there was none as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader

I'm curious, why you think that?

Well for one thing it is extremely balanced. The war in Russia really is a war in Russia, not a 5 turn walk in the park.

And it is copletely playable by all, Axis, allies, Russians.

I find normal civ2 superbly balanced. The fighter planes that scramble have a 50-50 chance to shoot down bombers, the ships have an equal attack and defense and so on.

Excellent scenario.
                            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                            Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Working...
                            X