God's Obvious Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God's Obvious Design

This scenario attempts to simulate the history of the Spanish Armada of 1588. Playing as the Spanish, the player has 60 turns to quell the Dutch revolt, build a large fleet and conquer England. The English player has the same time to build a strong navy to not only defend her coasts, but also...

The Armada approaching english waters...
    Attached Files
    The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
    Kaplak Stream

And the dutch situation...
    Attached Files
    Kaplak Stream

Comment

As you might have guessed, this scenario is about the spanish armada of 1588... Philip II's grand design to overthrow protestant England and place a catholic on the throne of England.

If you'd like to participate in the playtest, please respond here or to the above thread, where you can download the playtest version.
      Kaplak Stream

Comment

yeah, i´ll play with you ...

Comment

Jim, you can download the scen from the above civfan thread -Looking forward to your comments !
          Kaplak Stream

Comment

one remark... it's Haarlem, not Harleem... I happen to live there, so.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yes I heard -gonna change that in the final version
              Kaplak Stream

Comment

It looks very good. I'm not sure I'll be able to give a detailed report, but I'll pass along any comments I have.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thats okay In the process of adjusting minor details and adding a few more events, so I'll appreciate any feedback you might have, brief or longish.

The thing I'm probably most interested in is if the scenario is too easy, or too hard. The english are protected by The Tower (great wall) for some time, but when that wonder is cancelled by Naval Tactics, they should really feel the pressure coming on... Not sure if the scen is too easy playing as the brits, they really 'just' need to defend themselves in order to get a decisive win.

It is possible for the dutch to get a marginal win by kicking out the spaniards and protecting themselves from the Armada.

The spanish player is no doubt the most powerful and wealthy, but are hampered by civil disorders caused by troops away from cities. They are also the about one civ who will be able to research more than a couple of techs during the scen, while most others are dependant on trading techs, or stealing them. I'd really like to hear a report playing as the spanish -also the civ who will probably make the longest game, since they have the largest military and the most difficult objectives...
                  Kaplak Stream

Comment

Hardjoy, did you shrink BeBro's city graphics or am I going crazy in my old age?
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I borrowed some of Bebro's cathedrals and buildings for the renaissance city style, yes...
                      Kaplak Stream

Comment

ok, just downloaded and installed it. comments coming

Comment

/me downloaded the scenario

Oh, you took those screen at the non-normal zoom. They look much better after the SHIFT + Z keystroke.

Did you draw the feudal and Alt Modern styles yourself?
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                            Did you draw the feudal and Alt Modern styles yourself?
                            Yes... basically all the graphics are made from a combination of work from scratch or 'borrowing' of pieces from here and there, and shining them up to fit what I wanted. The feudal ones are all mine
                            Kaplak Stream

Comment

hardjoy, if you want all Belgian city names how they are called in here (so not in English ):

Bruges -> Brugge
                              Antwerp -> Antwerpen
                              Ghent -> Gent
                              Brussels -> Brussel/Bruxelles (at that time, it was still called Brussel)
                              Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

Working...
                              X