Why doesnt that terrain work???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesnt that terrain work???

I tried to eleminate the non-working background from exported terrain and now i cant open my save (with these terrains named as "terrain1" in the scenario folder).

Can someone tell me where the fault is?

Thanks, Cifer

Edit: almoust forgot: the graphics I worked on are the Roads and the mining graphic!
    Attached Files
    Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Well, the "powerplant" (or whatever it is that is in the Gold spot) and the icon next to the grassland resource have badly dithered backgrounds, but I don't think that should be causing any problems (as far as the loading is concerned anyway).
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

yes I was already working with these backgrounds. hadnt finished all those graphics yet. ... perhaps its because I loaded a corel photo paint file with "paint" worked on it and saved then.

because know i just working with paint only and saving my terrains as "paint" files (this program is the only one I am able to handle)

the background was visible in the game before as "pink snow" but didnt bring an error.

but whats the matter i´ll just work with paint in the future and I hope there wont be any problems with it.

Comment

ewww... use paintshop

Comment

I never had any success with Paint. DV is right, get PSP.

BTW, I think you've pasted the mining, farmland and irrigation tiles 1 pixel too far to the right - that may cause a problem.
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

DONT NEWEW USE PAINT!

hmm,gif see no help,but wich helps:try look it facts...

but what they must are?

Comment

why shouldnt I? Its the only program I understand!

Comment

Test and you see why...

Comment

oh ... i used to create my graphics with paint former. isnt the picture quality as well as with adobe?

Comment

Reason is not QUALITY!

it is a one number...!

Comment

sorry cant follow...

"a one number" ???

Comment

Paint gives you no control over the type of file you create (and doesn't support palette BMPs), and has fewer useful graphic tools for file editing than nay other graphics program.
                        I refute it thus!
                        "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

That terrain file looks very similar to FMKs for Lebensraum.
                          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                            That terrain file looks very similar to FMKs for Lebensraum.
                            Yes, it does! Most graphics from fmk´s lebensraum are the best if have seen yet. I really would like to use them. I even wrote Fmk 2 pm´s but unfortunately he did not recognize them yet. Iasked him if I was allowed t o use the graphics. If I am not or if I did something forbitten i will delete all the graphics here in the forum and apologize a hundret thousend times. Cause i am really thankful that he gave me the chance to test(play) his scen before it was released.

But this graphic here in this thread is old now, I made a new collection in the scenario thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Goingonit
                              Paint gives you no control over the type of file you create (and doesn't support palette BMPs), and has fewer useful graphic tools for file editing than nay other graphics program.
                              and gif´s is just wrong to civ2!

Comment

Working...
                              X