Imperialism scn. 1904-1919/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is NO virus in these files.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

In these files there is of course no virus but in my computer there is and becausethe anti virus programm doesn't work propperly i haev only uploaded files which weren't infected for sure
      "Et deus dixit fiat lux !"
      "Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen."
      "I love Democracy Ilove the Republic ..."

Comment

unimportan due to changes
        Last edited by NikolajRomanov; October 26, 2003, 01:04.

Comment

Unimportant due to changes
          Last edited by NikolajRomanov; October 26, 2003, 01:03.

Comment

Due to the fact that this scenario is realy almost (why only almost ??? ) like Imperialism1870 I have decided to rework the timeframe so that the scenario lasts from 1904 to c.a1950 If I manage to finish it it should work like for example Red Front so that the players have to change rules, units and events file after a couple of turns. I have not worked on this scenario for some months zzz: but I hope in ten or twenty years it will be ready
            New Ideas: vassalisation of certain countrys and Conscription
            Vassalisation: If Germany manages it to conquer Istanbul it will be reinforced by Turkish Infantry every turn (or every 2nd turn and so on ) which will be created in this city.
            Conscription: Conscription will work like Vassalisation with the difference that every major power generates 1-4 Infantry units "every turn". How many units you get and wether they are veteran units or not will be determined by the major power's historical military strenght and their attitude towards the military and so on ... For example the USA will get (at least during the first phase of the scenario) only 1 Infantry Unit for they realy weren't that militaristic like Germany, The British Empire, Russia or France. I will review and test this concept due to the danger of flooding the map with units : I

Fortifications: The concept of fortifications has advantages and disadvantages. The Advantage is of course that you can create fortresses in certain citys to make harder to conquer but In many scenarios I have seen that this fortifications were overpowered so that the AI ha absolutly no chance against it ... Also I don't want a human player sitting before his PC and getting mad because he isn't able to destroy that single little fortress with his 10 250mm Artillery, 10 Imperial Guard, and 30 Dreadnoughts :P. So I have given them an appropriate defense value which is as high as the attack value of the strongest regular unit (heavy artillery). So a player with heavy Artillery should be able to get rid of this crapy fortress in Port Arthur :P
            If a player conquers a important city (London, New York, Berlin, Moscow etc.) he will get one veteran fortress there. Usually these citys have high production capabilitys so that they are strategical and economical important goals.

Money Concept: The Money Concept is much like the concepts of "Imperialism 1870" or "Crisis of the New World Order". You can't avoid a to loose moey each turn if you want to keep your people happy and research at least a little bit. it is balanced so that you usually loose between 300 and 500 Gold each Turn and your only way to avoid bancrupt will be trade. every nation starts with an specific amount of money which 1. simulates their economical situation and 2. is meaned for balance purposes.

Military: I favour generaly the attacker. Most Units have a attack rate which is a bit higher then the avarage defense rate Example: British Division 7a 6d, German Division 8a 6d. There is also the low HP high FP concept which is used by Kobayashi in his Star Wars Scenario which makes the fight a bit shorter ( I don't want to sit five hours before mycomputer only to see that my 100Hp 1Fp warrior has failed ) and gives weaker units a little better chance against units who are stronger (at least it seemed to me so)
            Infantry units have a movement rate of 2 so that they are able to move some distance within one turn which should be 1-3 months. Cavalry has an advantage in open field due to it's even higher attack rate and it's movement rate of 3 but it is almost worthless if you want to attack a city or a fortress. It can also be used to save far-away-citys which you can not reach anymore with infantry (like the cavalry in old cowboys vs Indian films :P)
            Updates will follow

There is scarcely a town or school in Russia from which boys have not run away to the war. Hundreds of girls have gone off in boys' clothes and tried to pass themselves off as boys and enlist as volunteers, and several have got through, since the medical examination is only a negligible formality required in one place, forgotten in another
            In the account book of the Great War the page recording the Russian losses has been ripped out. The figures are unknown. Five millions, or eight? We ourselves know not. All we know is that, at times, fighting the Russians, we had to remove the piles of enemy bodies from before our trenches, so as to get a clear field of fire against new waves of assault.
            Last edited by NikolajRomanov; October 26, 2003, 01:10.

Comment

Working...
            X