No announcement yet.

Heraclius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful idea for scenario, Heresson (yes , it's late to say this ).
    If I can suggest a little idea for the 7th tribes...
    ... Kingdom of AXUM!
    Axum was, in those times, the important christian kingdom of Ethiopia.
    (Of course it can be only if your map has almost a bit of this area ...)
    Axum came to conquer the west-southern Arabia, and Arab tribes had to call for help by Persians.
    In the "Corano" (well, I don't know how translate in English the holy book of the moslems), is narrated the battle "of the Elephant" ( AD 570: the tradition tell Mohamed was born in this year), in which Arabs defeated Ethiopians.
    Well, after 570 Axum was not so powerful as before, but Ethiopia continued to be an important kingdom, and the Arabs (under Mohamed) made projects to invade Ethiopia itself (and perhaps they tried to attack it).
    So I think this maybe can be interesting for your scenario, even if I'm late...
    That's all.
    However, good work!
    "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

In fact, the seventh tribe IS Axum, merged with Nubia and Georgia (only one city in Georgia, however).
      I have a problem with this civ, however, as it will have little cities, and will be weak unless I give them some super-units.
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Well Heresson, I understand my late again...

Hope your problems will be resolved, so your prjoect become reality soon.
        dobry dien... (by w³oski...)
        "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Thank You.
          And now;
          somebody reply what I asked about...
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
            I have a problem.
            You know, I finished the map and am placing the cities. I would have finished it perhaps, but my big problem is this "Too much cities" thing
            But that's not what I wish to ask You.
            I noticed I forgot about one very, very important river that I just have to place. So, please, remind me the combination of engineer orders which will allow me to create it...
            turn terrain into an improductive one, then create engineers over it. Then order them to irrigate it.

This is the only way you can create a river from nothing.

Remember! it works only with scen flag on.

If you have more throubles about it ask via PM to Jay Bee. I learned it from him.
            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Thank You.
              Middle East!

Comment

I personally can't wait for this scenario, so I'm posting this to tell you to HURRY UP!
                Or take your time and complete another brilliant scenario.
                Oh, and just in case you don't already know:http://www.thehistorian.co.uk/crusader_samp2a.html

Comment

Oj, don't count on a quick finish. I experience problems,
                  as I don't have all the books I had in my home here, I haven't got a scanner as well. So I don't move very quick. Still, I have the problem with cities.
                  But I think I shall make separate scn, event and rules files for each civ to play; this way, in one scn, I can place more cities here, and in the other here, and stuff
                  Middle East!

Comment

Here's the map. But the thing goes sooo slow. And I won't do anything this week, li'anna 'indi imtihan...
                    Hamza, 'ayn, polonizmy, co za ró¿nica.

The map is not so good, but bare in mind that I had historical maps only while working over it.
                    Attached Files
                    Middle East!

Comment

Well, Heresson, are you intent on finishing the scenrio? Looks promising to me, it would be a shame to let the map go to waist...

Comment

I will finish it by the end of the year, I promess.
                        Yet, if I haven't mentioned it, I made 4 buildings for new city style. That's not much, is it...
                        Middle East!

Comment

Show them to us!
                          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

So what's going on? Are we ever going to see the First Crusader at all?

Comment

Ehm yes. As soon as I finish conquering world in EU2 as England, I'll have a lot of time... If I pass my exams that is. Then, I'll be working during holidays. It will be finished by the end of this year for sure.
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X