Heraclius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heraclius

It's about decided. I'm starting work over a new scenario. It will cover the topic of Byzantine-Persian wars under Heraclius, and early Muslim conquests.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Good subject - what are the civs? (other than Byzantine, Persian and Moslem )
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Avars
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Great idea!
        I had loads of material since I was doing a school project concerning the first crusader.
        It's all gone now(or is it misplaced?), but you should certainly include the Langobards and Berbers, as a barbarian civ.

Comment

if you like as we are working on +/- the same subject we may exchange thoughts and ideas. pm or email (steph_sander@hotmail.com) me if you like.

Comment

Thank You all.
            jp - I'll mail You.
            The civs?
            Byzantines,
            Persians,
            Muslims,
            Latins/Franks
            Slavs/Avars
            Khazars
            and one more civ. Yet I don't know which one.
            Of course it all depends on the map.
            If the map would end on Italy, having Frankish civ wouldn't make sense. But I really want to include
            African provinces and involve Franks in war with Muslims
            when they conquer it.
            The same, having Khazar civ, though I want to include it,
            depends on how far north would the map stretch.
            I like to have detailed map, so I suffer when I have to include large terrains... If I could have everything in the size of Komnenai map... And it will have to be smaller, as I'm going to include western Mediterrean and steppes there as well... Damn.

I'll start working with the map.
            Yet, I experience problems. It turned out that somehow, I have no paintbrush on my computer! I'll get it from a friend.
            Middle East!

Comment

what about the Lombards?? And are you going to use that blasted ERS again? It has a nice effect, but I found the Komnenai scenario far too challenging because of it, since the Empire was simply too large and unit travels too at least two turns to get where they were needed.
              I got through the whole affair by trading techs with the Muslims and buliding an army of Allah on Byzantine soil
              You could however arrange the same with numerous recruiting centres and have i.e. the units trained in Tangier, from where they'll appear at Carthago, and do the same with many recruiting centres(Ravenna, Constintanople, Caesarea, Antioch).

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                If the map would end on Italy, having Frankish civ wouldn't make sense. But I really want to include
                African provinces and involve Franks in war with Muslims
                when they conquer it.
                In fact, if I recall it correctly, Heraclius come from Africa, does it come?

I think that Africa is a must. Africa was a very important part of the East Roman Empire.

And I don't remember if in these ages Bizantium was still on Spain, but I'll search it and tell you

EDIT: A quick google search give me the date of 620 to Byzantium get kicked out of Spain.
                Last edited by yaroslav; January 17, 2003, 18:21.
                Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Heraclius' father, Heraclius, was a gouvernor of Africa, but they were of Armenian root.

Yes, I think that Byzantium lost its last Spanish posessities under Heraclius.

Trading techs is forbidden!!!

No, I won't use ERS.
                  And it wasn't that hard! I managed to conquer north Africa and Egypt with ERS units only.

I'm making the map. It isn't that well. Too much terrain...
                  I had to "model" it a bit...
                  Middle East!

Comment

The map generally covers all Europe south to Scotland and southern Baltic coast, large part of Africa north to Sahara, All Arabia (made a bit smaller to fit), Persia,
                    Syria, Anatolia, Caucasus and the great plains around Caspian sea.
                    Middle East!

Comment

I have a problem. I haven't taken my atlas, and have no maps to cover the eastern, northern and southern edges of my civ2map... I'll have to wait, unless You post me some map of Africa, of Kaspian Sea enviroments, and of Persia...
                      Middle East!

Comment

hust try searching google or www.balcanica.org

Comment

Thanks, no need for that now, I'm at home with my maps.
                          Middle East!

Comment

I finished the map some time ago but had problems with placement of the cities. I still do not know which ones to use in the northern plains. My main problem was that my geographical maps were lost in Gliwice. But now my dear sister brought them to me.I will post a map and a savegame with city placement for You to judge soon
                            Middle East!

Comment

I have a problem.
                              You know, I finished the map and am placing the cities. I would have finished it perhaps, but my big problem is this "Too much cities" thing
                              But that's not what I wish to ask You.
                              I noticed I forgot about one very, very important river that I just have to place. So, please, remind me the combination of engineer orders which will allow me to create it...
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X