• Show
Clear All

No problem
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Re: A little slow...

Originally posted by Boco
      (and yes, Case, Hardjoy, and Mercator, that is your artwork on that unit - thanks!)

Palaiologos: I thought that was only an issue with objective-based scenarios... I don't think there's any way around it (except ToT ).

Wait a minute, there's half a way around it. If you turn off the scenario flag (through hexediting, or maybe simply saving as a savegame but with the .scn extension??) you can keep the population displayed. Unfortunately, that also means you will have to give up non-standard turns, objectives and just about everything else limited to scenarios. So I'm not sure if that's worth it... And who actually really looks at that population anyway?
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I do, actually.

The "problem" exists with both types of scenarios, not objective-based only. I chose a Julius Vernes world screenshot exactly because it is a non objective-based scenario.

But you are right, there is no way around it.
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I can see circumstances where I'd like to turn it off. In an historical scenario where a low population density should dictate a bunch of size 1 cities, you face the dilemma of cities disappearing upon capture. One workaround is to increase the size to absorb a capture or two, but that raises the population to ~5-10 times the historical population.

Mayhap I should substitute "Toe count" for "population" in Game.txt?
          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I am pretty sure that it's in labels.txt and that MGE and FW versions of that are mutually incompatible.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X