No announcement yet.

History of the Rise, Glory, Decline and Fall of the Ottoman Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i´m not content with the north turkish coast, still working on it.

btw, i want to impede troops crossing rivers to make it even more realistic. (1) what do you think and (2) is it enough to lay another terrain type on the sqares where a river flows?

Comment

Originally posted by Valuk
      Philadelphia
      It took the combined might of the ottoman army and the vassal Christian armies to scale the walls of the last imperial possession in Asia Minor in 1380. Sad story there.
      And among them an Imperial army of 2.000.

Sad story indeed......
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

i just finished the map. wanna risk an eye?

Comment

Yes
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

indeed.. let's see
            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

First Eyes on the Map!

Ok, it took me much longer than expected but here is the v0.6 of the map i will use.

This is the overview:
              Attached Files

Comment

And some details ....

(the italian peninsula, as you may have guessed; don´t mind the units)
                Attached Files

Comment

some more details ....

(feat. the Aegean Sea, Greece, the south-eastern part of the Balkans and the west coast of Minor Asia)
                  Attached Files

Comment

The weird area between the mountains and the hills should be some kind of highlands. This terrain type at least will be improved.

Comment

You should just probably borrow a map, Jim...Italy look alright in the north, but sort of corrupts near the south(Bari and Otranto), and that coast of Asia Minor looks horrid, sort of.
                      But at least if the map is large the final effect will be a good one.
                      I've seen worse maps before, especially the Cross & Crescent one which is well...a crime against good geography.

Comment

thanks for your nice words ... i know that it´s not optimal and the map needs improving. i told you all before that it´s about v0.6 version. and you know really that diagonal lines can´t be drawn ....

whatever you think i will stick to that map. it took me nearly a week and i think the map isn´t that back you say. anyway, your opinion, my opinion. any opinions else? for good or ill are welcome

Comment

So, Jim, still working on it?

Comment

If Poland isn't on the Map, how are the Poles going to save Western Civilization at the Battle of Vienna?
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                              If Poland isn't on the Map, how are the Poles going to save Western Civilization at the Battle of Vienna?
                              Indeed, true! Only little part of Poland (Ukraine) is on the map...
                              Send it to Mercator/Jorrit Vermeiren, he will surely make it a bit bigger to fit more Poland in.

The map isn't perfect, but it's bearable.
                              I won't complain.
                              Not that I'm nice. Just that I'm making a map myself now and as I experience difficulties operating touchpad,
                              it won't be as perfectionist as it should be.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

[quote]
                                The map isn't perfect, but it's bearable.
                                I won't complain.
                                Not that I'm nice. Just that I'm making a map myself now and as I experience difficulties operating touchpad,
                                it won't be as perfectionist as it should be.
                                [quote]

i see you know the problems.

i´ve got a lot of work still to do for my university studies. i´m sorry to leave you waiting but i´m currently a little bit short of time

Comment

Working...
                                X