History of the Rise, Glory, Decline and Fall of the Ottoman Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janissary marching tune

To compensate, I zipped this turkish anthem, which could be used as an opening theme. You can convert it to wav using ashampoo or sth.
    Attached Files
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Turkish military music

"Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it, but it's an ambitious undertaking, and such undertakings usually fall in the end.
        I'll be happy to see even one part of it.
        Soon I'll have a computer. I don't know if I'll have time to make scns, but my scns, as about Byzantium probably,
        will need a turkish city style, and today I have bigger opportunities to gain a good material for making it. When it comes to city styles, and I think I make pretty nice ones recently , You can count on my help.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

merry christmas.

by the way as promised i´m working on this little scenario. currently i´m a bit late because of this d*** map design.
          i will post it later this day when i finished map drawing.

some included features: mainly focused on minor asia this map covers also south-eastern europe, (tiny) parts of the north-african shore and mesopotamia.

till later .....

Comment

look what i´ve got here

it´s a first try of my map/terrain design i will use. (some explanations: the weird area between the hills should be some kind of highland )

shall i leave the mountains as they are or shall i replace ´em?
            Attached Files

Comment

Quite a good map. Will you be doing this in FW/MGE or will we mortals be let down once more?!

Comment

you mean something for classic civ2?

Comment

I think he means ToT.

Are you sure it was that hard for the Ottomans to transfer troops from Europe to Asia?
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

i´m sorry to disappoint you, valuk. i have only mpg. this will only be playable on fw/mpg.

i guess i will make troop movements for these who control constantinopolis/istanbul (which is indeed a medieval greek form, slightly "turkified", if you want) easier by making the bosporus thinner

what do you think?
                    what about the mountains?

Comment

MGE is fine with me.
                      This scenario has potential...

Comment

MGE scenarios cannot be played in FW. However, FW scenarios can be played in MGE.

FW scenarios cannot be played in CiC/2.42. However, CiC/2.42 scenarios can be played in FW.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Instabul comes from the Greek " Is tin polin", which means "to the City".

For the unenlightened.
                          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

i guess you don´t meant me with "undelightened". but thanks

Comment

I don't like the map.
                              I'm cruel, I know, but it gives You a chance to correct it.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Umm...Maybe some constructive criticisim, Heresson the Cruel . Is it the appearance, the scale, the distribution of terrain, or something else? My first gut reaction is that there may be too much 'nice' terrain - I think Macedonia-to-Anatolia is pretty rugged (but then I've been reading about the Salonika debacle in WWI, lately). Then again, maybe other parts of @UNITS and @TERRAIN already reflect this.
                                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                                X