Nowadays PBEM Senario Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answers

(1) to st leo: you´re totally right. Munich (Germany) is much more powerful than France but there is a thing called the European Parliament which ic located in Strasbourg, FRA. for this, and only for this reason, i decided to leave Munich out.
    the reason why the city is called Tokyo-Yokohama is that there is a much larger number of people living there than in Hull-Ottawa.

(2) to academia: it´s no problem, you may play as China. better will be you remind me in a few days.

i´m sorry to announce you that i´m quite sure i will be able to start a playtest tomorrow.

till later

Comment

Want to post a screenshot of the units Jim?

Pap

Comment

Re: Want to post a screenshot of the units jim?

jep, no problem. i posted the units some weeks ago in the gfx showcase but these down there are the units i´m going to use in the release version.

what do you think?

are there any questions about the units?
        Attached Files

Comment

The way you put Strasbourg, you really should have Munich instead. as Strasbourg is West of the Rhine, and here it really looks like it is in the middel of Germany.
          Also, having Paris at 21 and London at size 22 is huge when you compare that to China. China and India by themselves make for half the population of the world. So maybe you should either reduce the size of Paris (and maybe London too but since you don't have that many cities in England, it can bstay big to represent all the nearby towns), or increase the Chinese cities size.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

your critics are welcome, i´m thinking about it.

i guess China will get larger population.

and to make waiting easier: there is another screenshot
            Attached Files

Comment

after long considerations i´m going to rename Strasbourg to Munich.

another screenshot
              Attached Files

Comment

OMG! There's a European sneak attack coming up against Quebec.
                Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Perhaps you might want to check your atlas again for Canada. Toronto is the largest city by far. Ottawa, while the capital, is much smaller. Montreal is the 2nd city and again is much larger than Quebec City.

Many of the American cities are also the wrong size or seriously out of place.
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'd say you should move Indianapolis to the right 1 tile and rename it to Pittsburgh, because Pittsburgh is a much more important city for proudcution than Indy.

Pap

Comment

ok, last changes on the map and in the evnts file are almost done.

Perhaps you might want to check your atlas again for Canada. Toronto is the largest city by far. Ottawa, while the capital, is much smaller. Montreal is the 2nd city and again is much larger than Quebec City.
                      you´re right but as i guess you will understand why. creating sophisticating maps is not that easy. this time i took a giga map i haven´t made up myself. the next time i will create the map myself. to the changes mentioned above: i renamed ottawa to ottawa-montreal to try to satisfy you.
                      also the wrong size of some of the cities does not satifies me but i tried to give china the largest population in the world, followed by india. also the population of the other civs needs to be represented. the map is not that large that it is possible to distribute the population in their original hometowns.

Many of the American cities are also the wrong size or seriously out of place.
                      i would not say many, but some of them. the same difficulty like mentioned above. i hope you understand my reasons. i also hope we may call this a compromise.
                      (the same things you should think of looking at the rest of the cities)

I'd say you should move Indianapolis to the right 1 tile and rename it to Pittsburgh, because Pittsburgh is a much more important city for proudcution than Indy.
                      also this refers to the map problem techumseh reminded me of. i renamed indianapolis, now you find it called Cincinnati.´for myself i´m not really content about it but it was nearly the best i could/would do about it.

Comment

well actually i wanted to tell you that i finished working on this little scenario but i still have some minor problems with the events.txt file.

i would say that this thursday, latest friday i will start a new thread in the PBEM section to start the playtest.

Comment

Working...
                        X