X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowadays PBEM Senario Preview

Good Day my fellow Civ2 Players!

I´ve created this new thread to inform you of 2 important things:

(1) My new scenario "Nowadays" is nearly complete. It kick´s off in the summer of 2002 with 7 mayor civilizations: USA, Europe, Russia, China, India, Islamic League and the Neutral Nations (yes, i was´nt able to get rid of ´em).

(2) In about 1-2 weeks i would need some of you to start playtesting my creation.

During the next days i will post a lot of news on "Nowadays" in this thread.
    There you can admire my city.gif graphics (yeah, they are not really new, i posted them some weeks ago in the Graphics Showcase but they were originally created vor this scenario).

more information coming soon
    Attached Files

News from the "Nowadays" front

now i´m going to share some facts about this scenario with you.

it´s made upon a gigamap, showing the world. slightly modified but adapted to our times.

Currently i´m working on the Russian Federation, one of the world´s largest civs. Russia extends from Belarus in Eastern Europe to Petropavlovsk and Vladivistok in the Far East. Special emphasis I´m going to lay on the Chechnya conflict, the expansion issue towards Western Europe (meant are Belarus, Ukraine) and the conflict with the Islamic Countries in Central Asia (some of them are fromer soviet republics).

Russia will have a large army, but not as powerful as the US Armed Forces.

that´s it for mow, maybe later today more of it, if not => tomorrow.

greetings

Comment

I'd love to playtest your scenario when it's done! There really are too few of these "Current situation"-scenarios.
      Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

News about "Nowadys"

some more information on "nowadays".

just like said yesterday, it kicks of in mid 2002 and the main topics are the "Axis of Evil" (George W. Bush) and their states (yeah, Iran, Iraq and North Korea will not be included in a civ. until you may conquer it )

also the problems with Islamists in Cechnya and the "Muslim" terror all over the world will be represented.
        (i created a lybian infantry unit to make sure lybia is also on of the rogue states. now i´m thinking to replace it with something else. damn it, i don´t not with which kind of unit i may replace it. any ideas? )

next topic with emphasis will be the "communist" guerilla in Latin America (FARC, or some kind of bolivian militia) to represent America´s war on drugs.

any new ideas (not only for the Lybian Unit) are highly welcome.

till later

Comment

This sounds great!
          I'll playtest for ya!

Pap

Comment

Re: News about "Nowadys"

Originally posted by jim panse
            ...the main topics are the "Axis of Evil" (George W. Bush) and their states (yeah, Iran, Iraq and North Korea will not be included in a civ. until you may conquer it )

also the problems with Islamists in Cechnya and the "Muslim" terror all over the world will be represented.
            Has anyone ever made a scenario where Muslim states are the goodies for a change. Just wondered...
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

(1) that´s what i imagine. it´s not up to me to decide if i was able to achieve my goals.

(2) the Muslim World is completely playable.

to Pap: do you know how i may disable this "too many units bug"?

Comment

Jim Panse, it isn't possible yet, but Choke has been trying to figure out how to get it to work.

Pap

Comment

Jim, does this mean you've abandoned work on your Philippines project? I was really looking forward to it.

I love the idea of your new scenario, it sounds great; but please work on a better title!
                  STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Mmm... interesting...
                    I´d like to playtest it. Count me in
                    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

First Screenshots arrive!!!

yep, you read right. first screenshots of the scenario arriving!

but first something a little bit more important:

(1) the budget is really difficult to stabilize due to the economic crisis we´re in.
                      (2) any unit that is destroyed in combat will make you lose money to force you to think about risky wars. (yep, if you´re plyaing with PR China you may lose less money than playing with the US or Europe)
                      (3) there are some unique units but in this version only for the US. sorry to all others. the units are:
                      - Nimitz Class Carrier (to represent the unmatched US sea domination),
                      - Ticonderoga Class AEGIS Cruiser (all other civs will be able to construct only an AEGIS Destroyer (yeah, the name sucks, i know. if you have a better idea just let me know)
                      - US Marine Corps (the only part of the US´ armed forces guaranteed by the constitution i heard a while ago, and THE quick reaction force deployable anywhere on the earth within a few days. to make this "interventions" or quick reactions (like Lebanon e.g.) possible i made the AEGIS Cruiser able to carry up to 2 units (USMC e.g.) to be not too dependent on the weak Container ships (sure you will need them to make a large-scaled invasion).

now the screenshot: it shows - as you may have guessed - a part of Europe. let me add one thing: the city styles of the "Neutral Nations" (yeah, also this name sucks, i may change it) are not the ones they will be in the release version.
                      Attached Files

Comment

News!

Some other units available in this scenario:

- MRBM (Medium Range Ballistic Missile): shorter-ranged than its "big brother" ICBM, available also to the Muslim World. MRBM stationed near Eruope may terminate any city. watch out your policy towards the Palestinians! This unit was created to represent the threat not only by the "classic" ICBM but also from minor powers.

- Airbase: this is (yeah, you were right again) to have the aircrafts not only in one turn again at 100% health.

the screenshot shows the PR China an its neighbors.
                        you may see China´s heartland, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, the US Pacific Task Force and the US base at Okinawa.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Further Info!

first of all, now i reckon´d that i´m a chieftain now

whatever, the scenario is nearly complete.

there are (i know you guessed right) 7 civs:
                          Russia, Neutral Nations, Europe, USA, PR China, Muslim World, India. and the "Axis of Evil" and other threats to liberty-loving people

all of them are playable, also the neutrals. maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i will open a new thread in the PBEM section for the playtest.

academia, pavlov and pap1732 already told me they would like to test with me. anyone else?

till later

Comment

all of them are playable, also the neutrals. maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i will open a new thread in the PBEM section for the playtest.
                            Cool!! Please, do it! I´m very keen on testing this game. You know, i´m actually making a Cold War scenario, so I believe that your scenario could give me great ideas

BTW, i´d like to use CHINA!!!!
                            South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                            Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Taipeh > Taipei
                              Strasbourg > Munich (Germany's more powerful than France, right?)

I'd also drop the Yokohama part of Tokyo-Yokohama, unless your Ottawa is called Ottawa-Hull.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X