No announcement yet.

War of Independence 1821

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Palaiologos, these are the Janissaries I was talking about. The Bowman is pre-1453. The other has a harquebus, which makes him fit the 15th c./17th c. era.
    Attached Files
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

And, please, could you use these Islanders/ Cretans in Crete? I feel a bit odd with these tsoliades in MY island! As to the Jewish thing, I have to reming you that the Jews had previously staged a major uprising in Thessaloniki and were subject to heavy reprisals and persecutions by the ottomans as well. Why dont you put some Arvanites in Attica/ Boeotia to spice up the scenario?
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, to be fair, here is a Macedonomachos I did for you. Should I give him the black flat cap (kalpaki) instead?
        Attached Files

Comment

Good janisaries graphics. Could i use them in the "Roman Empire" scenario?

About the Cretans and Arvanites:

Had not thought of that. I will add a Cretan unit. I also like the idea about the Arvanites. BTW you were suposed to created a scenario about 1821 three weeks ago, where is it? Did you abandon the project?

About the Macedonomachos:

I think he is fine that way, but the kalpaki will be more historically accurate.
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Further changes:

Turkish Flagship unit added
            Siege of Pireus event added
            Diplomacy fixed
            still working on the title picture.
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

When do we get an update? When when when?

Comment

Thanks.
                About my thing, its much more restricted in scope and geographically, as I told you. I put it on hold, since your scenario came out first. I'm mapcopying it to make all terrain stackable. I'll try it first and then see(never done it before). I 'll post a picture down this thread. Meanwhile I dont mind sharing the units. Mine have the "T" on them. Since I haven't added others unit credits yet...Tell me what you think.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                  BTW you were suposed to created a scenario about 1821 three weeks ago, where is it? Did you abandon the project?
                  That's as far as I've gone, still, I'll wait for yours to come out first.
                  As I told you, mine is based primarilly on the civil strife issue.
                  I have to finish a playable tech-tree and events files for the Turkish and Albanian player too.

Panathinaikos did nicely though, huh?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Don't wait about my own scenario to come out. It may be late. El awrence the update (version 1.1) will come out as soon as i fix the title thing, propably next week.

Panathinaikos' match was fixed IMHO for political reasons. They will have the same result on Athens too (1-1) and it will be judged on penalties. I will download your units as soon as i have acess to my own computer (away from home due to studies).

Comment

You are probably right about the fixed result, since we ought to have beaten them easily. After what happened to the fans though, who knows? The people demand retribution. I am green to the core, mind you.
                      (All this is a bit naive/ idealistic/ romantic since soccer is actually as a corrupt sport as it gets.)
                      Which brings some other teams scores to mind though. Why didn't the political factor play its part then?

Comment

I am an Aris fan.(And a fanatical to that). What teams are you talking about?.

And by the way, this particular match (PAO vs Fener) was crap. Panathinaikos had few chances, if any.

Comment

Is 4-1 good enough? Oh, man I enjoyed that!!!

Comment

ta sxolia mou sto "Roman Empire".

Comment

War of Independance

VERSION 1.1

Changes:

Flagship unit added.
                              Coal changed to Wine.
                              Siege of Piraeus event added.
                              Janisaries graphic altered.
                              Sheep graphic changed.
                              Greeks can no longer build barracks.
                              Shipyard(port facility) added.
                              Diplomacy fixed(hopefully).
                              Many graphical changes in improvements and units(added more shades).
                              Asia Minor cities are now harder to raid.
                              Greek klefts no longer take it to the mountains every time a city is captured.
                              Pirate(barbarian) units corrected.
                              Ship warfare more balanced.

AND.....

Added a wonderfull title picture!!!!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

And silk resource changed to Olives.

Have fun!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X