War of Independence 1821

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War of Independence 1821

On the 25th of March 1821 ,after many failed attempts, the Greeks rebeled to overthrow the Ottoman yoke. In a war that lasted for 9 years and marked by many atrocities, although defeated at the field of battle, the Greeks, through the intervention of the Great Powers, gained their independance.

I have created this scenario more than two years ago, but i recently decided to "update" it. Since i lost the final version to a hard drive malufunction 3 months ago (along with other things...) i had to work on a beta version which miracusly survived in one of my old hard drives.

Perhaps it is better that way since i want to change many things. I will not post the beta version here (yet) since i don't think it is ready for the general public (If one is interested download it here www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25605&perpage=20&pagenumber=46 )

Things i need
    I) I don't know how to "take" a picture from the scenario and post it here, so please help me.
    II) I have found a cool picture to have as an intro background but although i named it "title" it does not seem to work. Why? Is is too big (2,95 Megabite)? It is in JPEG format.
    III) I need a good Janisaries graphic, Egyptian flag, Egyptian uniforms and an Orthodox/Mediteranean city style. I have a book on the Egyptian army of the time but i can't find it. Aid is required.
    Last edited by Palaiologos; October 27, 2002, 10:45.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Faulty link. It is in the "Graphics Showcase" thread page 46.

IV) Is there a way to post the JPEG file here so one who has available the programs required (Photoshop for instance) can form it and make it recognizable by Civ2?
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

1. It needs to be in GIF format.
      2. It needs to have Civ2's 256-colour palette.

A JPEG that's 2.95 megabytes in size shouldn't have been saved as a JPEG.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Still can't make it work.

Someone please help me.

Too big to attach, so i broke it down.
        Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to rename it "title".
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Palaiologos; October 26, 2002, 21:36.

Comment

"Title"

No3.
            Attached Files

Comment

"Title"

No4.
              Attached Files

Comment

"Title"

No5
                Attached Files

Comment

"Title"

No6.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"Title"

No7(final).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gif format...... pffff
                      Anyway, here the Greeks prepare to enter Kalamata, the first city to fall in Greek hands.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Version 1.0 finally released to the general public.

Changes:
                        Intro text corrected.
                        Cannon graphic changed.
                        Added event "Janisaries End" for 1826.
                        Buffalo resource changed to Sheep resource.
                        Fanatics unit replaced by Albanians unit.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Crete

Another picture to feast your eyes upon.

The Cretans decide to take the matters into their own hands.

P.S Download the sounds at the thread "Graphics showcase" page 46.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Palaiologos; October 27, 2002, 10:43.

Comment

Hey, I played the scenario and I like the way it plays, quite smooth. Perhaps the alliances and diplomatic issues need sorting, as the British and Russians kept sneak attacking the Greeks. Also, the graphics can be polished in several cases, but I've seen you working on them already in the other thread.

Comment

Really ?. You liked it ?.

Have you downloaded this version here?

Yes, the alliances will be fixed in the next version. As will pirates(barbarians) and graphics. They were ok in the final version before i lost it. I posted the scenario early so as to have comments about it. The janisaries graphic has already changed.

Wait for next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X