Mamluk "release"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamluk "release"

Well, I'm coming back on university and I won't have a possibility of working over my scn for a three months,
    or again a year, so I'll release what I did up to this time.
    Recent changes in the game weren't tested yet, descriptions are made in hurry and are short, I think I'll have to correct the tech tree, as it gets spoiled recently, and I didn't manage to make the sounds in time. Nevertheless, most is done.
    I treat it as a kind of open playtesting...
    Attached Files
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

what's it about? i've seen the word mamluk before but i don't know what it means

Comment

It means "the owned" in Arabic; in the readme what did it mean exactly is explained I believe. Slaves that were bought in order to make a military guard out of them.
      Middle East!

Comment

After quick look it seems very nice, I like the theme and quality seems good. Need to play it through later today.

Comment

Green light.
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Thanks.
            Jorrit should ( ) send some (tymczasowy)
            title.gif soon.
            Thanks in advance.
            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
              It means "the owned" in Arabic
              ... or "the purchased". too.
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

malaka-yamliku means to owe something,
                I know just one word for purchasing, which is ashtara-
                yashtari. My arabic vocabulary isn't all that great, though. Do You learn Arabic?
                Middle East!

Comment

This would be the title image
                  Attached Files
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

no. never learned arabic. but the same word, in many turkish dialect, means that. Most of them came from Routhern Russia, both of Qipciaq or Circassian tribes. Must be a borrowed word game, probably. after all, Kama Bulgarians and other russian turkish tribes were of islamic faith.

Comment

I prefer description "territories that are today located in souther part of Russian Federation".

Russia -it's only Moscow and Nizny Nowogrod.

Some mistakes I've recalled now;

-Al-Mughith, not Al-Mughis (in Polish transcription th is s, though)

Circassian not Tcherkess (Czerkies is Polish name)
                      wrong icon for "port" improvement.
                      Middle East!

Comment

Downloaded!

Comment

Working...
                        X