No announcement yet.

Favourite (and innovative) scenario concepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't 2194Days also the first one to use batch files for events switching?

Was Jesus Balsinde's Quest for El Dorado the first quest-style scenario?

The first scenarios I know of that used a quest system were Alex Mor's "Quebec" and "Pelopponesian War" scenarios, but I don't know which one came first. But "Spartacus" was definately the one to be entirely quest-oriented, and Mike Jeszenka's "Shanarra" scenario was the second if I'm not mistaken... a forgotten jewel anyhow.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Shanarra

Where can it be found?
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Will Stalingrad be the first scenario set in a city?
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I wonder if anyone published these infos here.

I got a "neutronic" bomb by setting nuclear weapon attack value to 80. Same effect, diminished pollution casualities. Very nice, have to try it.
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

You mean that the nuke still wipes all the units from it's target square and each square around it, but doesn't create pollution?
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

This truely works! interesting feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
                You mean that the nuke still wipes all the units from it's target square and each square around it, but doesn't create pollution?
                not exactly. possibilities are reduced to 1/10 of original civ nuke weapons . I experienced it on a ol'beta Gundam scenario, allowing only a limited number of neutronic bombs due to an hypotetical South Pole Thetry trigger event .
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Hmm, someone better tell all the designers who use nukes to represent plagues about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                    Wasn't 2194Days also the first one to use batch files for events switching?

Was Jesus Balsinde's Quest for El Dorado the first quest-style scenario?

The first scenarios I know of that used a quest system were Alex Mor's "Quebec" and "Pelopponesian War" scenarios, but I don't know which one came first. But "Spartacus" was definately the one to be entirely quest-oriented, and Mike Jeszenka's "Shanarra" scenario was the second if I'm not mistaken... a forgotten jewel anyhow.
                    cough cough....
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                      Will Stalingrad be the first scenario set in a city?
                      Nope, there are a few gangster type scens that I have seen which take place in a city.

-FMK.

Comment

Darn, I was thinking of my Roman Riots.

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

Nope, there are a few gangster type scens that I have seen which take place in a city.

-FMK.
                          Don't forget the scenario "Roman Riots". I can not remember who it is by right now but it was good none the less.
                          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi

negative bonuses for terrain
                            What is the effect of negative bonuses for terrain?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmywax
                              Don't forget the scenario "Roman Riots". I can not remember who it is by right now but it was good none the less.
                              Look up Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                                Look up Jimmy.
                                It would have been rather amusing if it wasn't an obvious case of near-simultaneous posting though...

So does anybody know the limits of this "neutron bomb" effect? ie: At what attack rating (below 80?) does it come into play? and does it scale up towards a full "nuke" at attack 99 or does it suddenly jump after 98?

Time to have a play ...

Comment

Working...
                                X