Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM: New proposal

after the recent discussions, here is my new proposal

1) the SL forum is merged with the Civ2-Creation one, moved under the civ2 category and renamed to Civ2-Creation/Scenario League

2) all pbem threads, including playtesting ones are done in a new Civ2-PBEM forum which is a normal forum, not a subforum of Civ2-MP

3) the spanish elit is free to play pbem with itself in hope that it will try in the future to trust other people too

so?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I don't know about point 1. Even though the scenario's made here are for Civ2, it's obvious that St. Leo is trying to expand the community by including stuff about EU2, which would make it out of place under the Civ2 section. There might also be eventually Civ3 scenario designers.

I think the SLeague is fine where it, but you're the boss.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

I think that's a fine idea Mark, makes everyone happy.

Well done.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

i don't like the idea

Comment

I'll vote/comment once I see the overwhelming comment of opinion Seriously, your proposal seems relatively good. Except point 1: have SLeague stay here in hosted sites; maybe have the Civ2-Creation section link to here
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Point #1 I have to object to: As in the last discussion we had about closing the Sleague forum, my opinion is that SLeague should continue as a seperate forum and not merged or replacing civ2 creation because SLeague has a much wider mission which, as stated, can and will probably hop across platforms in the future.

Point #2 I agree with and want, but with the proviso that playtesting threads be allowed, or at least left to the moderators discretion.

Point #3 I have no opinion on.

Thanks Mark; I'm sure you'll do the right thing. Really you should just drop Civ2 creation anyway as everyone already comes here first or is quickly redirected. And since civ3 will soon support scenarios it leaves civ2 more and more redundant.
            "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Livings
              Point #1 I have to object to: As in the last discussion we had about closing the Sleague forum, my opinion is that SLeague should continue as a seperate forum and not merged or replacing civ2 creation because SLeague has a much wider mission which, as stated, can and will probably hop across platforms in the future.
              eeeer sorry, but i heard this before. 3 years ago. in the time of ctp1. it still hasnt happened.

btw, there are some civ3 scenarios already out
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

How about reversing number 1?
                1) the SL forum is merged with the Civ2-Creation one, moved under the civ2 category and renamed to Civ2-Creation/Scenario League

1) Civ2-Creation is merged with the SL forum, stays where it is, renamed Scenario League/Civ2 Creation

Usually when you have a merger the bigger entity remains predominant.

Points 2 and 3 are OK with me.
                "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                --

Comment

Re: PBEM: New proposal

Originally posted by MarkG
                  3) the spanish elit is free to play pbem with itself in hope that it will try in the future to trust other people too
                  I do like your decission but I must insist taht imo the reason to keep them in the Sp Forum should be that they are played in spanish, not that we only like to play among us (I'm pbeming at CFC ). I'd be more than happy if you move some of them to the new pbem forum.

Comment

Markos, is it technically possible for you to make two labels (Civ2 - Creation and SLeague) for the same forum?
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

All three sound good to me, but I'm not really in the position to judge 2 and 3.

I think it's imperative that the SL is in the Civ2 section (or at least has a link there).
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Why not leave things as they are?
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

That sounds OK to me.
                          However, I don't see any reason for the Civ 2 creation board to remain in exhistance - all the civ 2 creation stuff has long since moved here or to the Civ 2/general Board.
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Well, it seems to me that the only concern for changing the name from SLeague is that newbies might not know where to go. Note the scattered posts in the Civ2- Creation forum where people ask a question, and the next few posts are the thread's originatior wondering why no one is posting.

Just then, a trusty and faithful SLeaguer steps up to point them here, where they might actually get a reply.

I don't really see the need for a Civ2 Creation forum, aside of the fact that a person new to the site whom is looking to create for Civ2 would naturally go there.
                            I agree that with merging, the larger entity should remain.

Does the name 'Scenario League' lead your mind to exclude other aspects of creation, like say, mapmaking or unit drawing etc? If you wanted to ask a q about mapmaking for Civ2, would you see a SLeague forum and skip over it not knowing that it really is a total creation type of thing? I am refering to newer visitors and such.

What about keeping SLeague where it is, and having it named:

Scenario League (Civ2 Creation)

This way, the name of the SLeague retains integrity, and the parenthesis explain to the uninitiated what goes on here.

Just my 3½ Euros...

-FMK.

Comment

Agree with FMK.
                              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X