How about a PBEM subforum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a PBEM subforum?

Those PBEM threads have been cluttering this forum long enough now.

But really, there are lots of PBEM threads, and there are a lot of... erm... "normal" threads. So wouldn't it be much neater to create a separate sub forum to make it a bit more well-organized, both for those who don't and those who do play PBEM's. But the forum should be only the actualy game threads, not any general PBEM discussions, discoveries or PBEM scenario releases or so, to prevent this SL forum from splitting up entirely into those who do and those who don't PBEM.
    That's a wonderful idea!
    34.48%
    I guess
    13.79%
    What's that good for?
    41.38%
    Let's start a Banana Republic PBEM game!
    10.34%
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Voted no.

I like having just one forum for my PBEM-needs and for checking out the latest scenarios.

Besides, it sounds like this idea has been taken from the CFC-forum.
    Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Not consciously anyway...

It looks like this wasn't a very good idea, the SL'ers are just too attached to this cozy little place, it seems.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Death to the Traitor! Death to Mercator!

Comment

*runs away and hides in a corner *

Comment

Right on Mercator! While I enjoy reading (some) of the multiplayer threads, the original purpose of SL has become obscured by the multiplayer activity. Much of the discussion of new scenarios now takes place over at CivFanatics. Scenario League is for the discussion and creation of scenarios.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The right place for those threads is civ2/general/help forum I guess.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

This is a pretty interesting thread, at least from my point of view. I mean it

Comment

The PBEM games need their own subforum. Quickly.
                  "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

I don't know...I voted no...if you move the PBEMs it might kill the vigor that SLeague has now, but now I'm not sure. I don't want to get mixed up with those "Spanish Civ2 Site" people
                    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

My words are backed with TWO APOLYTON STAFF MEMBERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

Does this mean you built the Martini Project?
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'm not sure if that means what I think it means... but if that is the case, JB would be the answer.
                          Last edited by Mercator; August 3, 2002, 20:12.

Comment

I like the idea of a PBEM sub-forum.
                            However, it had better not be a sub-forum of the Civ2 MP forum - those guys scare me
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

We urge you,as one civilized nation to another, to destroy these terrible weapons before they destroy us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X